This opportunity is with the Nasdaq OMX Options and Futures back office technology group located in Philadelphia, PA. |
Typical Job Functions:
Ideal candidates will possess 6-8+ years of hands-on experience with Java / JEE. Strong software design, architecture, and implementation skills and experience are required. Experience with transactional middleware systems, web application development, and data access also preferred. A good attitude, a passion for technology, and a strong desire to learn may substitute for some experience.
The Senior Software Specialist will be involved in software design, implementation, and support of all systems within the Nasdaq OMX Options and Futures technology back office. Work will be conducted in small project teams working towards common goals, and sometimes individually. The candidate will play a key role in architecture and implementation decisions. Interaction with business users and stake holders to scope projects and define requirements will also be required. Candidates must have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
Designs, develops, modifies, adapts and implements solutions to information technology needs through new and existing applications, systems architecture and applications infrastructure. Reviews system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs and implements software solutions.
- Reviews independently system requirements and business processes; codes, tests, debugs; implements and maintains software solutions and is generally given more difficult technical challenges.
- Determines systems software design requirements
- Develops security solutions for assignments increasing in complexity.
- Provides application software development services or technical support typically in a defined project.
- Develops program logic for new applications or analyzes and modifies logic in existing applications.
- Modifies existing internal software products to add to new functions, adapt to new hardware, improve performance or enhance product usability.
- Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency and makes changes as required.
- Ensures that applications are compatible across multiple platforms and browsers.
- Uses deep technical knowledge to design, code, test and/or customize software solutions to meet or exceed client requirements, adding market/industry trends as necessary.
- May be developing as a generalist and become more involved in various aspects of a project including firmware, hardware, architecture, database warehouse and mining, database design and analysis, software development and testing.
- Education Required: Degree qualified in a discipline related to Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience Required: 6 to 8 years.
This is a regular full time position located in Philadelphia. Desired start date is as soon as possible. As the selection and interview process is ongoing, please submit your application as soon as possible.
The NASDAQ OMX is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants and employees are treated without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
See Job Description