The Department of Finance Information and Technology Division delivers world-class information and technology solutions that the Agency’s needs to achieve results. The Division is seeking a dynamic individual who will be selected to serve as a Senior Software Development Supervisor/ Team Leader.
The selected candidate will be responsible for overseeing enhancements to the existing application and development of new functions, as well as, identifying application system alternatives to enhance performance and achieve the needs of user environment. He/She will be responsible for recommending solutions and application system design approaches and revisions, in order to streamline programming and operation of the system.
The selected candidate will also be responsible for the following:
• Day to day production support of the existing application.
• On-site Database support.
• On site and Remote support for Operational Readiness testing and production deployments.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A master's degree in computer science from an accredited college and three years of progressively more responsible, full-time, satisfactory experience using information technology in computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, database administration, planning of data/information processing, user services, or area networks at least 18 months of this experience must have been in an administrative, managerial or executive capacity in the areas of computer applications programming, systems programming, computer systems development, data telecommunications, data base administration, or planning of data processing or in the supervision of staff performing these duties; or
2. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college and four years of experience as described in "1" above; or
3. A four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and six years of experience as described in "1" above; or
4. A satisfactory combination of education and experience equivalent to "1", "2" or "3" above. However, all candidates must have at least a four-year high school diploma or its educational equivalent approved by a State's department of education or recognized accrediting organization and must possess at least three years of experience as described in "1" above, including the 18 months of administrative, managerial, executive or supervisory experience as described in
Qualification Requirements (continued)
NOTE: The following types of experience are not acceptable: superficial use of preprogrammed software without complex programming, design, implementation or management of the product; use of word processing packages; use of a hand held calculator; primarily the entering or updating of data in a system; the operation of data processing hardware or consoles.
• 10+ years of working experience in a Java Enterprise development environment with an AIX, DOS, Windows platform.
• Thorough knowledge of mainframe back ends, AIX shell, and Ruby scripting.
• Project lead, application architecture, and database design experience.
• In depth experience with the full development lifecycle.
• SOA / Web Services experience is needed as well along with an extensive knowledge of Java to Legacy connectivity middleware. These technologies include ECI by the Java CICS gateway, SNA, Host Access Transformation Services and EntireX.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Click the "Apply Now" button.
Unless otherwise indicated, all positions require a five-day workweek.
As needed, weekends and/or holiday work hours will be required
210 Joralemon St., Brooklyn
New York City Residency is not required for this position
NYC Careers - 12 months ago