As a member of our Analytical Development team, you will be responsible for developing our risk analytics software components and assisting our senior engineers in the design and architecture of our distributed computational system. Your focus will be on the implementation, maintenance, troubleshooting and unit-testing of our Next Generation engines in our Peril Model module. You will have the opportunity to play a key role in innovating from the ground up as we create our Next Generation product solution for the cloud. We want you to bring your ideas and software engineering skills to our dynamic, growing team.
We are looking for a great programmer who is motivated, smart and enthusiastic about building analytical and computational software. An ideal candidate for this position enjoys learning from new technologies and is enthusiastic about building new software solutions for a highly distributed, scalable platform. In particular, you should have a strong interest in building modeling software and have a desire to learn deeply RMS" proprietary catastrophe model framework. Excellent communication will be one of your strong traits. If you thrive on taking responsibility for delivering new solutions for a growing, dynamic product, we want to hear from you.
Required experience and skills:
Desirable experience and skills:
- 7+ years of programming experience with a proven track record of on-time delivery of your work
- Exceptional programming skills in C++/C#, the .NET framework, and LINQ queries on a large code base.
- Strong OO design and programming experience and proven ability to write high-performance, optimized code.
- Strong mathematical skills in algorithmic computations and strong knowledge of data structures.
- Experience with SQL and Microsoft SQL Server.
- Superior communication skills and proven ability to convey complex ideas to others in a concise and clear manner
- Strong software engineering discipline: you document, measure, test and tune what you build
- B.S. / M.S. in Computer Science or related discipline; Master"s degree preferred
Did you know there"s a 5% chance that a hurricane will cause $60 billion of insured losses next year? And there"s a 1% chance that an earthquake will cause $50 billion of insured loss in the next 12 months? We do. At RMS, we build the simulation models that allow insurers and investors to understand portfolio risks due to catastrophes: natural catastrophes (hurricane, earthquake, and flood), terrorism, pandemic, and changes in life expectancy. We are one of the most exciting and technologically sophisticated firms you"ve "never" heard of, unless you"re one of our hundreds of clients in the (re)insurance, banking or hedge fund sector. We lead an industry we helped pioneer and ultimately our work makes a true impact on the world at large. How we understand and manage risk affects everybody and our passion is nothing less than creating a more resilient world through a better understanding of catastrophic events. As we approach our 25th anniversary, we are now evolving our vision by delivering future solutions in the cloud, releasing in 2014 a cutting edge risk management platform "RMS(one)" for the global risk market. RMS(one) will create a holistic and integrated view across the enterprise with one platform for all models, all points of view, all data. All will be run as equal partners on RMS(one). To find out more, visit www.rms.com . Or follow us on Facebook or @rmsjobs on Twitter. RMS is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- Experience building robust and scalable distributed software and the issues involved (e.g. performance, scalability, availability, concurrency, etc)
- Working knowledge and practical use of performance and memory monitoring / measurement tools
Risk Management Solutions - 6 months ago
Transforming the insurance industry's understanding and quantification of risk.
RMS delivers the world's leading catastrophe risk models in...