Responsible for implementing a five-year evaluation on the efficacy of the Teachers Institute approach as it relates to student achievement and teacher retention, by analyzing, designing, and constructing the Web site of the Yale National Initiative; enhancing current applications and programming new applications to support the Initiative, League of Teachers Institutes, and Yale-New Haven Teachers Institute; conceptualizing and integrating the site within a Management Information System (MIS); researching, planning, and developing strategies for implementing video conferencing and emerging technologies in order for the Initiative to conduct work with rural school districts and execute the Initiative’s schedule, program and activities with the League and with participating communities; assessing the technical capacity and local circumstances of League Teachers Institutes, school districts, and universities in other communities in order to determine and develop new online systems and applications; and providing a high level of strategic planning, programming, and project coordination for a variety of the Initiative’s educational, administrative and research applications. Designs the Web site of the National Initiative to expand its functionality, refines the private area used by participants, and integrates online forms, databases, and reports with a new Management Information System (MIS). Develops, edits, maintains, integrates, and documents the site’s technical structure, user interfaces, content, and optimized graphical elements including imagery and audiovisual content using technologies that conform to international standards and are universally accessible. Develops capacity for the National Initiative to deliver content through video conferencing, Webinars, Open Educational Resources (OER) and emerging technologies. Provides senior-level technical expertise on Web-related projects, mentors other staff members and participating sites in aspects of Web design, and defines Web design standards for the Initiative based on industry-standard best practices. Resolves complex Web design technical issues and issues relevant to information architecture, user-centered design processes, and cross-browser compatibility. Provides root cause analysis documentation. Manages assigned projects for technical quality, budget compliance, and accurate production schedules. |
Department URL Address:
Click here for more information
1. Develops, maintains, and supports an enterprise level modular database system and web applications to authorize, track and report on University, State, and Federally regulated activities pertaining to maintaining a healthy and safe environment for students, employees and the larger community within which the university operates.
2. Acts as technical lead for developers and solution providers outside of the department including other university departments and external vendors.
3. Provides technical leadership with regard to the department's strategic and tactical planning. Formulate long-term goals and priorities with regard to capabilities, content and features. Provides a visionary perspective on technologies and priorities. Advises the department Director with regard to timelines, resources and alternatives or options to meet department objectives.
4. Develops and maintains a layered enterprise sized modular .NET\C# solution. Layers: a UI of Windows and Web Forms (ASP), middle layers of smart business objects with integrated DAL, and a backend database in SQL Server.
5. Participates in the planning and execution of the migration from Access database applications to the new enterprise system, supports and provides maintenance of existing Access databases, and in the implementation and support of any other standalone or third party systems as needed.
6. Interviews and determines both upper management and user needs and requirements. Analyzes and clarifies requirements, as well as time and budget constraints.
7. Maps overall department system requirements into project outlines, and then tracks project status, with regular reporting to the department Director and Lead Administrator about all IS projects.
8. Provides project status updates and EHS information system presentations to university upper-level management and committees. Provide leadership and initiative for resolution of issues.
9. Ensures full system lifecycle quality assurance for all department projects, including design, coding, testing, documentation, and end-user training.
10. Performs system analysis and design, including the development of data flows, system specifications, and other system documentation.
11. Provides application support, user documentation, and training to users.
12. Designs, implements and maintains ETL (extract, transform, loading) processes from internal and external University’s data sources. Identifies root causes of ETL performance issues or failures. Ensures accuracy and integrity of data through analysis and coding. Interfaces with internal and external owners of data sources for updates or enhancement.
13. Assists with administration of the department SQL Server 2008 servers, SharePoint 2010 sites, and related system administrative tasks.
14. May perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
Bachelor's Degree in a relevant technical field and ten years of related technical experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required Skill/Ability 1:
Required Skill/Ability 2:
Demonstrated ability leading multiple complex projects.
Required Skill/Ability 3:
Well-developed analytical and problem solving skills.
Required Skill/Ability 4:
Excellent planning and organizational skills.
Required Skill/Ability 5:
Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
Preferred Education, Experience and Skills:
Weekend Hours Required?
Evening Hours Required?
Background Check Requirements
All external candidates for employment will be subject to pre-employment background screening for this position, which may include motor vehicle and credit checks based on the position description and job requirements. All offers are contingent on successful completion of a background check. Please visit www.yale.edu/hronline/careers/screening/faqs.html for additional information on the background check requirements and process.
The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of the essential functions that will be required of the position and should not be construed as a declaration of specific duties and responsibilities of the particular position. Employees will be assigned specific job-related duties through their hiring departments.
Yale University - 19 months ago
What do former President George W. Bush and actress Meryl Streep have in common? They are Yalies. Yale University is one of the...