We are looking for skilled, critical thinking, creative, talented Software Engineers to join our platform development team. Our platform includes an MVC Web presentation layer, a cluster-safe persistent data layer, advanced performance tools, an inter-application messaging architecture, and a lot more. The Platform team writes most code in Java, though we use the Gosu language, too. The Platform team built the Gosu language at Guidewire to make us more productive, and it’s now freely available at http://gosu-lang.org.
Guidewire sells three enterprise web-based software products to insurance companies that offer Property and Casualty insurance. Our products share a core technology platform that the Guidewire Platform team develops. Our customers around the globe require a highly configurable and reliable software platform for their core systems. Because of the scale and flexibility, insurance software is surprisingly complex, difficult to get right, and provides many interesting and challenging software problems to solve.
Our development process is sustainable (no death marches), work/life balance friendly, and we pride ourselves on a calm, systematic, and rational approach to our business. See and hear from our employees athttp://www.guidewire.com/about_guidewire/careers.
If you are happiest when coding, we would like to hear from you.
Successful Software Engineers on the Platform team at Guidewire typically have:
- A desire to work collaboratively in a small, cross-functional team
- Interest in modern development techniques, such as TDD, Scrum, pair programming, Kanban
- Passion for code quality that inspires writing and maintaining loads of unit tests
- Curiosity and motivation to pick up new technologies and programming techniques
- A desire for hands-on designing and writing code
We care most about your critical thinking skills and technical talent, however prior experience with a majority of the following is desired:
- A dynamic or functional language, such as Ruby, Groovy, Scala, Haskell or Lisp
- Web-based Enterprise applications built on popular application servers and commercial databases
- Test-driven development (TDD) using frameworks such as TestNG and JUnit
- Web Services (e.g., WSDL, SOAP, XML, REST, Axis)
- J2EE technologies (e.g., EJB, servlets, JSP, JSF, JDBC, JMS, JMX)
- ORM technologies (e.g., Hibernate, JPA, JDO, HQL, XQuery, XPath)
Guidewire develops and implements market-leading insurance software solutions. Serving the second-largest financial services industry in the...