The Senior Software Engineer position will report to the Chief Technology Officer, and be located in the Austin, Texas area, at Certica’s newest office location.
Essential Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Design and develop significant enhancements to the core technologies and user experience of our applications;
- Contribute positively to the further expansion of the core product to meet the rapidly changing demands in the educational marketplace;
- Provide constructive input into the lifecycle and future of the product line;
- Participate in all aspects of the product including design, development, deployment and maintenance;
- Interface with other teams, such as client services, product management, and quality assurance.
- 7+ years in web application development;
- Knowledge in object oriented development principles, multi-tier web application design and relational database principles;
- Proven skills in UI design and a strong user experience background is highly desirable;
- Experience in dynamic reporting;
- Experience designing and implementing dynamic, personalized, database-driven, large-scale, high-volume commercial web sites;
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Self-starter with excellent interpersonal, motivational, and facilitation skills;
- Bachelor's degree or higher in computer technology discipline;
- Must independently keep abreast of state-of-the-art software development technologies and methodologies;
- Team player with strong inter-personal, written and oral communication skills;
- Self-motivated individual with strong initiative and sense of ownership;
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience
- Excellent benefits package
Certica Solutions, Inc. - 8 months ago