Everyone wants to work on a dynamic team in a great company. You want to work on a team that is doing more than the average group of developers. You want to change the landscape of the Internet. There is only one place you will be able to achieve what you are looking for, comScore.
comScore is seeking a seasoned, progressive thinking Software Engineer to be a part of the team that is changing the way companies and individuals utilize the Internet. This position will be based in our Reston, VA headquarters.
Why this is different from every other Software Engineering role you see:
comScore Software Engineers are not Code Monkeys, plastering bugged code everywhere. They are technically savvy problem-solvers that want the right solution the first time, every time. They are independent thinkers, who all have a passion for technology outside of their 9 to 5 and like bouncing ideas off of each other. They also have a great deal of ownership, true ownership over the development work they do from design through inception. Your work affects almost every facet of comScore’s business from top to bottom.
What you do in this role:
In this key position, you will be responsible for the design and development of client based Windows software systems. The systems developed will be used to enhance the product offerings of comScore and will include new development.
TITLE: Software Engineer (C++)
LOCATION: Reston, VA
REPORTS TO: Manager, Software Engineering
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Participate in the design and development of new systems to be incorporated into the existing collection and processing environment
• Develop components that will run on millions of computers
• Develop enhancements to current solutions
• Guide group strategy and create action plans and goals
• Participate in ongoing research and evaluation of new related technologies
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field
• 5+ years of experience in developing and supporting client applications
• 4+ years developing advanced client solutions in C++ that run in a Windows environment
• Knowledge of TCP/IP
• Experience with the development of applications that utilize the HTTP protocol is a plus
• Knowledge of COM is a plus
• Knowledge of reverse engineering software helpful
• SQL is a plus
• Excellent oral, written and computer communication skills with strong analytical and troubleshooting skills
• The nature of the team’s dynamics will require an individual that is able to work closely in a collaborative role with other team members
comScore, Inc. (NASDAQ: SCOR) is a global leader in measuring the digital world and preferred source of digital business analytics. comScore helps its clients better understand, leverage and profit from the rapidly evolving digital marketing landscape by providing data, analytics and on-demand software solutions for the measurement of online ads and audiences, media planning, website analytics, advertising effectiveness, copy-testing, social media, search, video, mobile, cross-media, e-commerce, and a broad variety of emerging forms of digital consumer behavior. comScore services, which now include the product suites of recent acquisitions Nedstat, Nexius XPlore, ARSGroup and Certifica, are used by more than 1,600 clients around the world, including global leaders such as AOL, Baidu, BBC, Best Buy, Carat, Deutsche Bank, ESPN, Facebook, France Telecom, Financial Times, Fox, Microsoft, MediaCorp, Nestle, Starcom, Terra Networks, Universal McCann, Verizon Services Group, ViaMichelin and Yahoo! For more information, please visit www.comScore.com.
comScore - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard