Senior Software Engineer (Java), Data Services - New York, NY
Join the AppSecInc product team and contribute to cutting-edge technology helping customers secure their enterprise databases. Application Security Inc. is looking for goal-oriented, self-motivated individuals with a strong passion for delivering high quality products. Our large enterprise customers demand that our products meet their stringent quality standards.
Join our Data Services team, which is responsible for enterprise-scale data delivery for Application Security Inc.’s core product - DbProtect. We are looking for goal-oriented, self-motivated individuals with a passion for delivering high quality products to contribute to cutting-edge technology while helping our customers secure their enterprise databases.
- Design, develop, test, document, and deliver software written in Java, with minimum supervision and guidance
- Develop, maintain & support SQL for multiple database platforms
- Develop, test, document and deliver tools, shared libraries that meet business requirements
- Develop, maintain & support WiX and MSI installers
- Research new technology and develop prototypes
Candidate should have the following skills.
Please note: This position is located in our New York, NY location. Relocation assistance is not available at this time.
- Proficiency in the Java programming language – at least 5 years of industry experience in Java/J2EE technologies
- Good knowledge and experience in J2EE frameworks and Web Services
- Hands on experience with Hibernate and Spring framework is preferred
- Experience with continuous integration and test-driven development is preferred
- Sound knowledge of Object Oriented design principles and design patterns
- Good understanding of relational database concepts and design
- Proven ability to read and write SQL queries; general database skills
- Experience developing software in a Microsoft Windows environment
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong English verbal & written communication skills
- BS degree in Computer Science or a related field
-To respond to the job listing please send a cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: EngineeringJobs@appsecinc.com .