The group is looking for a senior software engineer that will be involved in the design and implementation of new cloud monitoring tools with a focus on the business and Infrastructure. Leveraging open source frameworks you will work with teams from all cloud service layers (IAAS, PAAS, DBAAS) to build a master suite of tools that merge up the functionality and data-sources into one alerting and control interface. This is not a role for supporting existing tools, you will be joining at the ground level working with the newest technologies to build new tooling to give visibility into overall site health to decrease mean time to detect and repair.
• Experience in building all new site monitoring and management tools
• Learn new cutting edge technologies such as Mupd8
• Work on big data for complex event processing/correlation
• Monitoring tools across PAAS, IAAS, DBAAS layers
• Framework based development
• Agile development methodology
• POC technology evaluations
• Elastic cloud development with a focus on IAAS
• Expertise in design and development of applications and tools for large site monitoring.
• Lights out management design and implementation.
• Responsible for working with external team members to develop and implement tools to merge data from all layers of the cloud into a top level business view
• Self-motivated to produce bug free applications that meet the user requirements
• Ability to complete tasks with minimal direct supervision
• Lead code review to ensure code delivery is compliant with best practices and industry standards.
• Experience in css, mysql, oracle, ext/js, Soap, XML, Maven, Flume
• Must have at least 5+ years of software experience with BS in CS or 3+ years of software experience with MS in CS in a commercial software/Internet company
• 4 years of Java experience.
• Advanced knowledge of relational databases like Oracle, MySql.
• Strong debugging, profiling and system performance knowledge.
• Excellent knowledge of version control systems like GIT, SVN.
• Experience working in an Agile/ Scrum Environment.
• Outstanding written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Senior Software Engineer - Cloud Monitoring
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation that runs...