Sapling Learning are an industry innovator in the field of interactive online homework for higher education and K-12 levels. The future sees us expanding our product offerings to incorporate ebook, STEM and other content and media. We keep abreast of the latest IT innovations for our online delivery systems, to make our programs run smoothly, efficiently, and with ease of use. To keep up with the creative pace, we recently moved into a larger office in downtown Austin to accommodate staff growth.
The ideal candidate will have experience leading a team of software engineers and will have a passion for building building large scale, service oriented solutions. This role will work closely with the product and development teams, in an Agile environment, to build the next generation of software that power Sapling Learning's education offerings
- Assess technical debt and develop stories that can be placed onto the team backlogs for execution.
- Participate and facilitate meetings and activities with other architecture leaders.
- Work with the development teams to ensure that technology implementation is consistent with the defined technology stack.
- Creating designs and specifications for product development, including application, data stores, and operating environments
- Collaborating with user experience experts to design user interaction models, workflows and user interfaces
- Integrating internal and external product design into a cohesive user experience
- Creating prototypes and authoring detailed interaction specifications
- Collaborate, mentor and train development team
Required Skills / Knowledge:
- Requires 7+ years of software development experience
- Experience leading a team in an Agile environment
- Excitement for technology and desire to learn new technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Results oriented individual that leads by example
- Familiarity with user interaction design skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with the desire to keep other groups informed on priorities and work
- Ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus with a team
- Ability to prioritize and manage work to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment
- Excited to solve problems with the ability to develop new approaches to complex design problems
- Must be organized, have an eye for detail, and be able to put ideas into a tangible form
- Strong knowledge of enterprise architecture and design patterns, including SOA, ESB, Messaging and File Transfer
- Design experience with Data Warehousing
- Experience with filesystems, concurrency, multithreading, and distributed systems.
- Demonstrated experience with 3 or more of the following:
- PHP and the LAMP stack
- MySQL, or other Relational Database
- Java and J2EE
- Mobile application development
- C / C++ / Objective C
Educational Background Required:
Bachelor's or Master's degree in computer science or related field or relevant work experience
To apply please click on this link: https://re21.ultipro.com/HOL1002/JobBoard/JobDetails.aspx?__ID=*B8DC3BFCD1543A9D .