The Senior Software Engineer works within the Game Development organization on the creation of compelling mobile game experiences for the online/mobile casino product. The primary responsibility of this position is to deliver high quality and timely software for all assigned projects. This position must demonstrate a high degree of initiative and is accountable for the thorough implementation of all tasks assigned. The Senior Software Engineer reports to, and is directed by, either the lead engineer or manager of the team.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create high quality software in a timely manner for the online mobile casino products.
- Works independently to design and implement solutions for games and projects of high complexity.
- Works with, and develops relationships with, other team members as needed to meet team goals.
- Write well-commented code in accordance with product requirements following Game Development code creation processes.
- Develop a strong knowledge of WMS’s online/mobile code libraries (FW, Featurette’s, platform services)
- Develop a strong knowledge of WMS’s development environment, tools, and utilities
- Lead the development of new/innovative game play features and interfaces
- Contribute to the development of WMS’s common online/mobile code libraries (framework, featurettes, OS) as needed for game implementation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
- Object Oriented Programming
- Software Design
- 4 years of professional programming experience
- Object Oriented programming and design patterns
- Experience developing reusable software components
- Web application development
- Experience with development tools including IDEs, debuggers, bug tracking and source control systems required
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Distributed application (client/server) development experience
- Game Development experience
- Experience in UI development
- TDD experience
- Continuous Integration
WMS is a gaming company. Any of our employees may be required to obtain a gaming license within one or all of the gaming jurisdictions that WMS conducts business. If you are requested by WMS to obtain a gaming license, your continued employment with WMS may be contingent on your ability to obtain that gaming license.
- Visual Studio
- Object Oriented programming
- Distributed Applications
- Web development
- Web services
- Design Patterns
- Source Control/Configuration Management (Perforce, Git, SVN)
- Bug Tracking Systems
- Software Development processes
This job description should not be interpreted as all-inclusive; it is intended to identify major responsibilities and requirements of the job. The incumbent may be requested to perform other job-related tasks and responsibilities than those stated above. WMS encourages diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.
WMS Gaming Inc. - 22 months ago
The reels keep spinning and the jackpots keep flowing, thanks to this company. WMS Industries is a leading manufacturer of casino gaming...