This is an opportunity to work in a Lead capacity at a high tech startup that specializes in delivery of multimedia content to data-enabled mobile phones and other portable wireless devices.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Skills and Requirements:
- Lead the architecture and development of various subsystems of a complex media optimization architecture
- Define and develop reliable, efficient and reusable software components in C/C++ for Linux targets
- Support the development team to ensure the team exceeds expectations and delivers high quality solutions on schedule
- Support full software development lifecycle (SDLC) including analyzing requirements, system architecture, design and testing of new developments as well as enhancements to existing software
- Partner with the Testing and Validation group to ensure proper creation and execution of test suites
Experience in the following areas:
- 7+ years of software engineering experience in required areas
- Solid understanding of engineering and operating server infrastructure for high-traffic web and media services
- Troubleshooting, data analysis and debugging
- Detailed design and unit testing
- Hands-on experience with development and design of near real time application on Linus
- Self-motivated to lead projects, and able to effectively manage, delegate and mentor within a development team
- Work well in a fast-paced team environment and deliver high quality results in a timely fashion
- Good documentation, planning, and communication skills
- B.S. and/or M.S. in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems or related field is preferred
We are unable to provide employment sponsorship and cannot consider H1B candidates.
- C++, STL a plus
- Multi-threaded Linux systems programming
- Strong hands-on knowledge of video codecs (H.264, MPEG, WebM) and containers (FLV, M2TS)
- Good knowledge on video streaming protocols (HTTP, AHLS)
- Embedded processors, ASICs, FPGA, Multi-core processors is preferred
- Knowledge of DRM and Android/iOS development is preferred
- Solid understanding of TCP/IP and socket programming
Only Southern California candidates will be considered.
Please submit resumes in MS Word format.
tags: sw engineer, programmer analyst, mobile developer, mobile application developer, embedded engineer, embedded developer, software architect
AbleForce,Inc - 10 months ago