Be part of something innovative and cutting edge.
Join our team of more than seventy software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in the Washington, DC office.
- advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
- mobile support for the user interfaces
- learning management systems with social media features
- user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
- innovative, machine-scorable items
- Lead and supervise development and deployment of software products
- Perform software requirements analysis through engagement with project managers, project directors, and clients.
- Code development and maintenance
- Software design and engineering
- Provide leadership to software development teams and mentor junior staff
- B.S. in Computer Science required
- 7 years minimum development experience
- Proficient in .NET, C#, ASP.NET, SQL, Java, relational databases, multi-tiered software development, and web-based software development
- Solid understanding of object oriented (OO) analysis and design principles and demonstrated proficiency/expert knowledge in OO design
- Solid understanding of design patterns
- Proficient/expert knowledge in design of multi-tiered web-based systems
- Proficiency in development of highly efficient real-time distributed software systems
- Solid understanding of algorithms
- Proficient in at least 2 of the following: C/C++, Java, XML, XSL, HTML
- M.S. in Computer Science
- Training and experience in Artificial Intelligence
- SQL Server 2000 and Transact-SQL
American Institutes for Research - 14 months ago
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...