Be part of something innovative and cutting edge.
Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
• advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
• mobile support for the user interfaces
• learning management systems with social media features
• user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
• innovative, machine-scorable items
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. We are currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer to join our team in the Washington, DC office.
• Lead and supervise development and deployment of software products
• Perform software requirements analysis through engagement with project managers, project directors, and clients.
• Code development and maintenance
• Software design and engineering
• Provide leadership to software development teams and mentor junior staff
• B.S. in Computer Science required
• 7 years minimum development experience
• Proficient in .NET, C#, ASP.NET, SQL, Java, relational databases, multi-tiered software development, and web-based software development
• Solid understanding of object oriented (OO) analysis and design principles and demonstrated proficiency/expert knowledge in OO design
• Solid understanding of design patterns
• Proficient/expert knowledge in design of multi-tiered web-based systems
• Proficiency in development of highly efficient real-time distributed software systems
• Solid understanding of algorithms
• Proficient in at least 2 of the following: C/C++, Java, XML, XSL, HTML
• M.S. in Computer Science
• Training and experience in Artificial Intelligence
• SQL Server 2000 and Transact-SQL
American Institutes for Research - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...