Senior Software Engineer
Auxogyn, Inc. is a privately held company is revolutionizing the field of reproductive medicine by translating scientific discoveries in early embryo development into effective clinical tools. The Company's flagship product, the Eeva™ Test, delivers consistent, objective and quantitative information regarding embryo viability that clinicians and their infertility patients can use to make important treatment decisions. Eeva received CE mark in July 2012 and is currently available for use in the European Union. Eeva is not yet cleared in the US and is limited to investigational use only. Recently the Company and Merck Serono announced a strategic partnership to further advance the development and commercialization of the Eeva Test in the European Union, Canada, Australia and the US. The Company closed its first round of financing in May 2010 and is funded by the leading life science venture firms: Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, TPG Biotechnology, Merck Serono Ventures and SRone.
We are seeking an outstanding professional for the position of Senior Software Engineer. The successful candidate will work in close collaboration with the Engineering groups to deliver novel solutions that advance patient care. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to leverage their tenacity and professional skills, and reap the financial and personal rewards associated with Auxogyn’s commercial success.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Education and/or Job Experience
- Responsible for design, development and testing of next generation product software solutions for live-cell image analysis systems also made available in the cloud
- Interface with algorithm development group to successfully transfer and integrate image algorithms into commercial products
- Interface with systems group to design and implement next generation live-cell imaging acquisition and distribution solutions
- Develop specifications, modules, designs, schedules, test plans, etc.
- Software development in C++/C# for user interface, image acquisition, data storage and management including web applications and cloud based solutions
- Lead software engineering projects working with cross functional teams
- Work within the Auxogyn quality system, including generating engineering documentation, plans and procedures
Special Skills, Abilities, and Requirements
- MS in Computer Science plus 5 years software development experience or equivalent
- At least 3-5 years developing software for medical devices
- Demonstrated understanding and expertise of the software development lifecycle
- Experience integrating various technologies and self-contained applications into a unified end user experience
- Experience with multi-threading, state machines and event-driven programming
- Experience with networking protocols, distributed client/server systems, web applications and cloud computing
- Experience with Qt application framework or similar embedded GUI framework would be a great plus
- Expert in both object-oriented design and development as well as procedural development
- Experience with database design and SQL, interfacing to low-level hardware or driver development a plus
- You have a passion for technology, hard problems and meaningful innovations
- You have strong analytical and creative problem solving skills that inspire others
- You have excellent interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills
- You thrive in a highly-collaborative, fast-paced, team-based startup environment
We offer a competitive compensation package including health insurance, stock options and a challenging work environment. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified candidates please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org .