SECRET Preferred. Berico will sponsor highly qualified candidates for their clearance.
The Robust Operable Biometric Software (ROBS) is an established biometrics software system that is helping lead the effort to identify foes in the War on Terror. A worldwide system in use with the US military, ROBS utilizes biometrics to positively identify individuals in a shifting world of identities. The Senior Software Engineer would lead and guide the development of the current ROBS program with an eye to the future.
The successful candidate will work collaboratively with a diverse team of software developers, engineers, and system administrators in a fast paced environment to evolve a mission critical intelligence system. The Senior Software Engineer must have experience with the full software development lifecycle (SDLC) using an agile methodology (Scrum) and have demonstrable skill executing engineering processes to include requirements gathering, design, build, test, delivery, integration and tuning. Must be knowledgeable and stay current with .NET technologies and be comfortable mentoring the team on elegant and efficient coding techniques. The candidate must demonstrate a high degree of problem solving ability and be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken form.
The Senior Software Engineer performs high-level systems analysis, evaluation, design, integration, documentation, and implementation of a very complex application that require a thorough knowledge of administrative and technical skills. Works with and may lead the team responsible for designing and developing new software products or major enhancements to existing software. Directs and participates in all phases of system development with emphasis on planning, analysis, evaluation, integration, testing and acceptance phases (IV&V and DT&E) using Waterfall and Agile/Scrum process models. Applies higher-level business or technical principles and methods to very difficult technical problems to arrive at automated engineering solution. Prepares and delivers presentations and briefings as required. Acts as highest-level technical expert, addressing problems of systems integration, compatibility, and multiple platforms in collaboration with other team members. Responsible for project completion. Performs feasibility analysis on potential future projects to management.
- The Sr. Software Engineer will be a key member of a development team building and deploying Microsoft-based products.
- The Sr. Software Engineer must be capable of managing and executing the full software development lifecycle with limited supervision using an agile methodology.
- Recommend design changes and/or enhancements to the system; develop designs and document them using the Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Mentor junior teammates in an effort to develop these individuals into well-rounded technologists.
- Must be comfortable interfacing with the customer, articulating technical concepts to a non-technical audience.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university in computer science, software engineering, information systems, a physical science, engineering or a mathematics-intensive discipline .
- Minimum of 5 years software engineering experience with the software development lifecycle.
- Demonstrates experience with .NET 4 platform, including C#, Windows Forms, SQL Server, Entity Framework, object oriented fundamentals, design patterns.
- Demonstrates experience with lifecycle development tools, including Version Control, Defect/Work Item Tracking, build management. Experience with Team Foundation Server (TFS) strongly preferred.
- Exposure to dependency injection models and test driven development is a plus.
- Demonstrates experience with model driven development (UML).
- Demonstrates experience with process centric environments development (Waterfall, Agile/Scrum).
- Should have experience with technical and high level communication with stakeholders, including presentations design discussions.
- Should have experience providing technical guidance to other team members, including Software Engineers and Test Engineers.
- Should be detail oriented, possess good verbal and written communications skills, and be a self-starter.
- Should have experience with team based development.
- US Citizenship
- No clearance required on interview, but must be able to acquire and maintain a minimum Secret Clearance.
- Experience with Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate with Feature pack 2.
- Skills with Windows and RDBMS Systems
- Experience working in a Waterfall and/or Agile environment.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
US CITIZENSHIP REQUIRED
Berico Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Berico Technologies - 18 months ago