Senior Software Engineer
Our Engineering team powers CashStar to change the world of gifting by making it possible to send a personalized eGift Card from any device, anywhere, anytime, in any amount, with the best experience possible. More than 250 brands successfully partner with us including Best Buy, Dell, Gap, iTunes, Staples, Starbucks and The Home Depot. That makes CashStar the preferred digital gifting and incentives partner for retailers nationwide.
We've got the following opportunity available right now in downtown Portland, Maine.
Coffee is included in our stocked kitchen, but we're also just blocks from the Old Port and its many coffee shops. Also, have you heard how many restaurants Portland has per capita?
What’s the Job?
We’re seeking a senior developer experienced with object oriented development and strong skills in database analysis and systems administration. You'll be a leader in our expanding engineering team and contribute immediately to our swiftly growing enterprise-level gifting solution.
Skills & Requirements
• Extensive experience working with a SOA
• Experience with languages such as python, java and ruby
• Team-oriented with an entrepreneurial spirit
• Cloud experience (Rackspace, AWS, etc) and open source software experience also an advantage
• Solid experience with Linux, databases and data analysis
• Good understanding of web security.
• Previous startup experience a plus.
• Genuine interest in software development and other tech stuff is a must!
• Ability to identify and capitalize on opportunities. You won't always be coding to a spec.
• Enjoy maintaining/enhancing code to meet changing client/industry needs
• Excellent communication skills, including ability to clearly document code, and to work effectively with external vendors and customers.
Our Technology Stack
Python, Django, Java, Celery, MySQL, Linux, Mercurial, nginx, uwsgi, memcached, Redis, RabbitMQ, Elasticsearch, jQuery, Backbone.js, virtualenv, Jenkins
How to Apply
Apply now by sending in your resume and links to your website, Github, Bitbucket, Hackernews pages if you have them!
CashStar - 12 months ago