The Senior Software Engineer will work with Java and J2EE for the development of a large federal healthcare system. The Engineer will be responsible for developing functional and technical system design specifications in accordance with identified business/system requirements.
Key responsibilities include:
- Develop/program application components or functions in accordance with system design specifications
- Perform quality assurance functions (unit test, integration test) on developed components to ensure compliance with established requirements and design specifications
- Address/resolve software deficiencies in support of verification and validation activities
- Develop mitigation or alternative system solutions when required
- Contribute to delivery, production and operational readiness of systems
- Contribute to production maintenance and application enhancement activities
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Minimum 7 years of development experience
- Experience with Java
- Experience with XML
- Experience with JUnit
- Experience with XQuery
- Experience with Maven
- Experience with Rule Management Systems and Business Process Modeling
- Knowledge of Federal and State healthcare programs (i.e., Medicaid, CHIP, TANF) and related eligibility/enrollment principles, Health Insurance Exchange (HIX) principles including payer and plan data management, claims and encounter data
- Understanding of Section 508 guidelines
H ighlighted Benefits for Full-time Employees
·Medical · Dental · Vision · 401k · Flexible Spending Accounts · Paid Time Off · Work/Life Solutions · Pet Insurance
Minds on health. Changing the future of healthcare.
Cognosante is leading the transformation of healthcare, providing technical healthcare solutions to federal and state clients. Based in McLean, VA with 300 employees throughout the US, we are the thought-leaders on the forefront of the latest technology developments. Our capabilities in healthcare transformation, Medicaid management and health communications allow us to deliver the best solutions that are efficient and effective for our customers and the country.
We are excited about a bright future. We invite you to join us on the journey.
Cognosante, LLC - 13 months ago