Complete Genomics is looking for a talented Senior Software Engineer to design and build scalable enterprise applications to enable effective tracking and automation of our lab and data processing pipelines.
- Develop integrated workflow solutions to automate and manage processes used by our high throughput human genome sequencing production factory
- Interact with internal stakeholders to determine, analyze, formalize and document user requirements
- Translate requirements into robust and modular designs
- Develop and maintain enterprise Java applications and/or Node.js applications
Required Technical Skills:
Additional Desired Skills:
- Experience as technical lead in designing and architecting scalable enterprise data management solutions
- 8+ years’ experience designing complex Java based multi-layer applications, 5+ years in commercial software development or the equivalent
- Strong database design and development experience
- Ability to communicate effectively (written and verbally) with both technical and non-technical parties
Required Soft Skills:
- Experience building Workflow systems
- Agile Development Methodologies
- Successful experiences collaborating with scientists in life-science organizations (biotech, pharma, genomics, bioinformatics)
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to think creatively
- Energetic and motivated self-starter
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced startup environment
- Good collaboration and communication skills, ability to participate on interdisciplinary teams
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (Advanced degree preferred)
Complete Genomics was formed in 2005 by Dr. Clifford A. Reid and Dr. Radoje T. Drmanac, who shared a vision to provide academic and...