Digital River , founded in 1994, is a global leader in cloud commerce outsourcing that builds and manages online businesses for more than 40,000 software publishers, manufacturers, distributors, and online retailers. Its multi-channel commerce solution, which supports both direct and indirect sales, is designed to help companies of all sizes maximize online revenues as well as reduce the costs and risks of running a commerce operation. The comprehensive platform offers site development and hosting, order management, fraud prevention, export controls, tax management, physical and digital product fulfillment, multilingual customer service, advanced reporting and strategic marketing services.
We are a publicly traded company (NASDAQ: DRIV) headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota, with offices and more than 1400 employees located across the United States, Europe and the Asia Pacific.
The Senior Software Engineer is a key member of the Digital River Developer Productivity team, the Senior Software Engineer will contribute to the evolution of the testing automation framework design and tool selection, as well as write code and tests, and continue to drive intelligence and efficiency into public cloud operations. Our team is responsible for the automation of functional test execution against the entire stack of our global E-Commerce platform.
- Design, code, and unit test new features and modifications
- Implement projects in a timely manner in conformance with coding standards and in compliance with defined specifications
- Triage, re-factor, and troubleshoot issues found within our public cloud applications and deployment practices
- Support our Public Cloud Deployments
- Four-year Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Java Certification desired
Technical Experience considered strongly:
- 6+ years software development experience
- 3+ years in a DevOps role in a production cloud environment (preferably PaaS or IaaS)
- 3+ years hands on experience with git, Jenkins/Hudson, Maven, Chef, Ruby, bash, PowerShell
- 2+ years Linux administration
- 2+ years programming experience in Java
- 2+ years Web UI and API development
- Hands on with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Hands on with monitoring tools such as Ganglia, Graphite, and Splunk
- Hands on with firewalls, load balancers, DNS, web server security and other technologies such as caching, monitoring and performance tuning a plus
- Hands-on experience with large cluster deployments on one or more public or private cloud solutions (Amazon AWS, CloudStack, OpenStack, Rackspace, etc.) and cloud automation.
- Experience with Linux/Windows and virtualization technologies
- Understanding of networking
- Experience with Shell and batch scripting
- Experience with middleware concepts and deployment architectures
- Experience with GIT, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, and related technologies.
- Exposure to AJAX, XML related technologies (XML, XSD, XML Schema, XSLT, XPath)
- Experience building web applications in an object oriented development environment
Able to take several assignments at the same time and manage development activities according to priorities and schedules.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Comfortable in a fast paced environment
- Passionate about technology and current trends, with no hesitation to roll up your sleeves and dive in to learn a new technology
- Experience working with Enterprise IT and Operations teams
- Proven ability to deliver results in a complex, large development projects
- Effective and efficient time management and problem solving skills
- Ability to influence others in support for a common goal
- Ability to translate business requirements into a technical design that can be understood and implemented by a cross functional team
- Strong team contribution and interaction; positive team member
Digital River, Inc. offers a variety of perks such as an on-site fitness center, on-site full-service cafeteria, free on-site parking, casual dress every day, tuition reimbursement, employee referral program, domestic partner benefits, auto and homeowners discounts, on-site massage therapists and chiropractors, bring your dog to work day, pet insurance and all in a beautiful, Leed-certified, state-of-the-art building with scenic walking trails.
Standard benefits include a competitive benefits package to all regular, full-time employees, a 401(k) plan with an aggressive company match, employee stock purchase plan, medical-dental-vision and life insurance, company paid short-term and long-term disability, a flexible spending/cafeteria plan, holiday and vacation days.
Digital River, Inc. supports and embraces a diverse workforce as an Equal Employment Opportunity /Affirmative Action employer.
Digital River, Inc. - 16 months ago