Senior Software Engineer: Development
COMPANY PROFILE :
WHAT THIS COMPANY OFFERS YOU:
- Our client is an American multinational corporation headquartered in Hopkinton, Massachusetts, and is included on the prestigious award list of the World’s Most Admired Computer Companies.
- EMC offers data storage, information security, virtualization, analytics, cloud computing as well as other products and services that assist businesses in storing, managing, protecting and analyzing data.
- Amassed over $23 billion in revenue in 2013 with consistent growth annually.
- Eco-friendly company that supports a variety of corporate responsibility initiatives around the world, notably sponsoring programs that strive to improve education for Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics.
- Medical, Dental, Vision benefits, Healthcare and dependent care spending accounts and other health programs to support you and your family’s health, as well as maintain a healthy working environment.
- Mentoring programs, continued learning classes, and more tools to aid your career growth and development.
- Culture of teamwork and camaraderie, from departmental lunch and learn sessions to company-wide gatherings.
- Ability to present the highest caliber of technology to customers using innovative products and services by accelerating the path to cloud computing, storing and protecting information in the most trusted and cost-efficient way.
THE ROLE YOU WILL PLAY: Senior Software Engineer Team: Development
- Develop and sustain Data Domain Networking Software Stack.
- Work closely with a team of talented engineers that are responsible for the Linux TCP/IP stack.
- Assist with TCP/IP protocol in LAN/WAN environments.
- Assume responsibilities for troubleshooting network problems by looking at a packet in order to analyze and troubleshoot day-to-day customer problems, as well as contribute knowledge regarding the intricacies of IP routing.
- Develop code and unit test framework for code developed by the candidate and by other engineers.
- Develop and review unit test procedures and work closely with QA to develop system integration test plans.
COMMUNITY: Santa Clara, California
BACKGROUND PROFILE : Senior Software Engineer: Development
- Located in the center of Silicon Valley in Northern California and home to Santa Clara University, and Levi’s Stadium, the home of the San Francisco 49ers.
- Offers many opportunities for entertainment including amusement park California’s Great America, the Mission City Center for Performing Arts, several museums, and is only a 15 minute drive from downtown San Jose.
- Headquarters to thousands of high technology companies including Adobe, Apple Inc., Google, and Facebook.
- Electricity rate in Santa Clara is cheaper for residents due to the city’s own electric utility, Silicon Valley Power .
- Clean and pleasant, as Santa Clara’s climate is generally warm and sunny with summers ranging from 85 °F to 53 °F, with mild winters ranging from 58 °F to 38 °F.
- 5+ years Systems Software experience Interface with other functional areas, such as Support and QA.
- Knowledge of the intricacies of IP routing and experience troubleshooting network problems by looking at packet is essential.
- Good understanding of TCP/IP protocol concepts in LAN/WAN environments.
- Understanding of kernel synchronization concepts, interrupts, DMA and network/cpu performance will be highly useful.
For more information please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org | (858) 362-9013
Better opportunities. Better balance. Better match. Whatever better means to you, we’re the people who make it possible.