We are looking for a smart, passionate, and pragmatic full-stack web developer. You'll have the opportunity
to join the ground floor of a small company with a huge vision. Your contributions will be significant,
meaningful, and rewarding.
Skills & Requirements:
- Building a highly scalable and reliable website capable of withstanding large surges of traffic
- Developing a back office system to track donations received, process individual items through various
stages, and fulfill orders quickly
- Building an advanced recommendation engine capable of working with one-off items that provides customers
with a personalized experience
- Designing an interactive, consumer-oriented website that makes browsing large amounts of products fast
- Using advanced metrics, A/B testing, and continuous deployment to quickly test and validate new ideas
Smart, passionate, and pragmatic full-stack web developer. Has mastered more than one technology stack and
is comfortable with the idea of mastering several more. Excited by difficult problems and takes pride in
solving them in elegant ways. Possesses strong software engineering fundamentals, familiar with design
patterns, and gets uncomfortable at the sight of unrefactored code. Knows the web inside and out and capable
of debugging problems down to the request.
Intrinsically motivated, capable of taking the lead on projects, and able to work with minimal direction.
Leaves ego at home, always open to criticism and comfortable with providing it to others. Has exceptional
communication skills and is pleasant to work with.
Our stack is Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL, Redis, Backbone.js, Solr, and Heroku.
To apply, send your resume, including links to projects you've worked on,
to email@example.com .