The Sr. Software Engineer will work as a key participant in a small, dedicated stand-alone team at Intellectual Ventures tasked with creating innovative software applications to analyze intellectual property portfolios and exposures for a variety of industry sectors. This position will be responsible for gathering requirements, writing specifications, designing and writing code for applications for data analysis and visualization. The position will also develop Big Data analysis tools and machine learning applications as needed.
The Sr. Software Developer will work cross functionally with key stakeholders to produce specifications, and design and develop applications and utilities to meet business requirements. The developer will have complete responsibility for the analysis, requirements gathering, specification and construction of applications and utilities.
Key Qualifications and Required Skills:
- Utilize senior level software development skills in the development of innovative software systems and web applications.
- Develop Big Data analysis and machine learning tools.
- Work cross functionally with key stakeholders to produce specifications to meet business requirements.
- Develop and implement test methodologies.
- Requires at least 8 years of experience in software development.
- Must have experience in several programming languages including C#. Knowledge of any functional language is a plus.
- Experience with F#, CoffeeScript, T-SQL desired.
- Cloud development experience preferred. Experience with Amazon Web Services, Windows Azure Cloud Services, Hadoop a plus.
- Must have strong understanding of database technologies. Expertise in SQL Server performance optimization a strong plus.
- Must have willingness to research and adopt new technologies matching evolving product requirements.
- Must have experience with user interface design.
- Experience developing ASP.NET/MVC applications preferred.
- Experience with dynamic data visualization desired.
- Knowledge of GPU/OpenCL, CUDA a plus.
Intellectual Ventures Management - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard -