We are looking for expert level software engineers who are excited about technology and are interested in using their skills to build web applications using the best development methodologies and techniques within a cross-functional agile team-based development environment.
Are you ready to join an exciting cutting edge development team?
At least seven years of professional software development experience, with no less than five years in the LAMP technology stack.
We are looking for developers from a variety of backgrounds and those who are willing to take ownership and accountability for their work and support their teammates to accomplish key objectives.
Prior development experience with eLearning platforms is a bonus.
Show us something interesting in any of the following technologies:
Bonus points for being advanced in any of the following technologies/tools:
- Zend Framework (or other PHP frameworks)
- Linux, Apache, memcached
- At least one year of experience with unit testing and test driven development using PHPUnit, qUnit, jUnit, selenium, jslint or similar technologies
- Experience working with high traffic websites and an interest in building scalable applications
- Version Control (SVN, HG, or GIT)
- Python, C, C++, Java
- node.js, backbone.js, ext.js
- Hadoop, Hive, Cassandra, MySQL Cluster
- CruiseControl, Hudson, Jenkins (or other continuous integration environments)
We are looking for problem solvers who can work well on solo assignments, as well as within a team-based structure, with the following attributes:
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Attention to detail
- Excitement about new technologies
- Experience with scrum or agile within a development team
- Ability to write clear, readable and maintainable web applications
- Experience with development patterns, refactoring, code improvement, object oriented design, basic code architecture concepts
- Understanding of development best practices and web application security best practices
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent, or a combination of education and experience. For candidate with a Master’s degree in Computer Science, some of the experience requirements may be waived if your area of study or thesis was centered around eLearning or Instructional Design.
Kaplan will put you to the test. The Washington Post subsidiary is perhaps best known for its test-preparation publications, which help...