Scope of Responsibilities/Expectations
The Developer is responsible to perform Linux based server builds and administration and will also be responsible for hands on coding and development of software which will include the design, implementation, and defect resolution of new and existing product code.
• Bachelor's degree
• 3+ years Linux administration (specifically RHEL or CentOS)
• Strong scripting and automation skills (BASH, Perl, Python, Ruby)
• Familiarity with RedHat Packaging and custom platform spins
• Experience with open source licensing.
• Working knowledge of SQL databases
• Linux fundamentals including networking, file systems, security and kernel configuration preferred
• VMware/Cloud system management preferred
• Coding experience in c++/ Java preferred.
• Networking, wireless, and/or security experience or knowledge preferred.
• Work experience through complete software project delivery cycles.
• Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal skills
• Ability to handle multiple tasks, prioritize and meet deadlines
• Self starter, takes initiative, identifies and completes tasks; Goal driven
• Professional with ability to properly handle confidential information
• Ability to work and thrive in a team environment
Motorola Solutions - 18 months ago