Navman Wireless North America is a leading manufacturer of world-class navigation products and global positioning system (GPS) technology solutions.
Since 1988, Navman Wireless has been researching, designing, and building GPS technology, including navigation devices and vehicle tracking systems. We are a global leader in the rapidly growing commercial telematics market with a proven track record of success. Navman employs over 150 people with offices in over 12 countries and exports to 30 countries.
Navman’s Vehicle Tracking and Fleet Management Solutions uses real-time information to proactively and effectively organize a company’s mobile workforce with the ability to analyze a fleets historical performance utilizing a robust reporting suite to make improvements in efficiency and productivity, and reduce a company’s operating costs.
Scope of the Role
We are looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer in Web Development who can help us transform the current our current Desktop client products to next generation web front ends. This person will be an individual contributor who will be reporting to the Software Development Manager. The Senior Software Engineer is expected to work closely with development. We are looking for a strong Senior Software Engineer in Web Development who can help us transorm the current Desktop client products to the next generation. This person will be an individual contributor who will be reporting to the Software Development Manager. The Senior Software Engineer is expected to work closely with development mangers, engineering managers, other senior engineers and QA teams as part of the normal work. The person will help us build an enterprise class, high performance, highly scalable industry leading fleet tracking system.
- Working closely with engineering managers, senior engineers and product managers, come up with the right architecture and design specifications for new products and initiatives.
- Design and implement key technology parts and make them available to other developers as framework or components.
- Prototype and recommend new technologies, approaches, and product features.
- Actively participate in release planning, do design reviews, code reviews and follow the development process.
- Help develop coding practices, and standards.
- Work with geographically distributed development teams.
- Be proactive, opinionated and pragmatic, and yet a team player.
- Strong understanding of Usability/scalability/performance aspects
- Experience with web frameworks/libraries such as jQuery, YUI, and ExtJS
- HTML5 + CSS3, and ASP.NET MVC
- 2+ years of experience with UI & UX designs
- Experience with Visual Studio toolset & TFS
- Experience with Web applications development targeting tablet and phone form factors.
- Exposure to SCRUM/Agile development process.
- Ability to appreciate and critique current designs, and work with other senior level engineers
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent and 8+ years of industry experience.
- This role interfaces with the local R&D team as well as other key groups in the organization.
Navman Wireless - 11 months ago