Senior Software Engineer Opportunity with CarsArrive
The CarsArrive Network is North America's leading provider of automated vehicle-shipping services. We’ve been helping businesses transport vehicles for over 16 years. Our Internet-based platform allows shippers and carriers to come together online to review price quotes, schedule delivery times, scan available loads, and review available transport listings. We are the eBay of vehicle transportation world!
As a pioneer in transportation technology solutions, CarsArrive has leveraged people and technology to bring shippers and over 4,500 transport companies and 30,000 insured and bonded trucks together online, real time. We’ve eliminated the time and overhead associated with other transport services. We’ve been leading a new era of vehicle transportation services with our platform and service model helping us grow each and every day. We pride ourselves in delivering a service that's successfully used by thousands of shippers and carriers across North America.
Our technology platform served us well for the last 10 years, but needs significant overhaul to take advantage of modern tools and techniques and allow further cost-effective expansion of our product offerings. Join us for an incredible quest towards millions of vehicles moved every year! We need your experience, expertise and wisdom to build a world class transportation and logistics platform that covers desktops, tablets and mobile devices!
The individual, employed in this position, will be responsible for software development with PHP, MySQL and Drupal:
Evolve CarsArrive PHP applications: develop algorithms for freight pricing, back-end PHP services and components, system management user interfaces and functionality etc.
Drupal module and theme development: integrate Drupal views with CarsArrive databases, develop AJAX Drupal blocks that implement key functions, utilize features, organic groups and panels for rapid prototyping and solution delivery.
If you liked what you’ve read so far, look no further – you’ll find a home here, a place where you’re liked, respected and highly appreciated! This is the right time to join the right team and enjoy good working environment as well as great long term career building opportunities.
Skills and qualification requirements
Our Ideal Candidate
- Minimum of 3 years in PHP/MySQL development with LAMP
- Strong SQL knowledge and relational database design. Familiarity with MS SQL Server, MySql or Postgres
- Strong knowledge of OO programming
- Knowledge of Apache and Windows Servers
- Version control (SVN) experience
- Experience with Drupal, PHPunit, ASP, Java, Python is a plus
We offer sick, personal and vacation time, medical/dental/vision insurance, STD/LTD disability insurance, life insurance, vehicle discount programs and company matched 401(k) plan.
- Intelligent and self-motivated. Works independently and takes ownership tasks.
- Razor-focused on products and delivery
- Writes simple, elegant, cross-browser HTML/CSS and JS
- Enjoys building projects in a fast-pased, team based environment
- Familiar with HTTP and the principles of RESTful and DRY design
- BS or MS in computer science or related field
- Keeps up with developing web standards and technologies
- Experience with agile, test-driven software development and continuous integration
No Relocation available
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
OPENLANE - 20 months ago