Do you want to design software for instruments that measure ice cores in Greenland, survey the desert air from the back of a mule and sample the atmosphere perched high atop remote mountains and volcanoes?
Do you want to be involved in revolutionary cloud-based technology that is re-defining how the natural gas industry improves safety and saves lives?
Do you want to work with leading scientists in 58 countries who use the software you develop to understand how the environment is changing?
Picarro is pioneering a unique intersection of hardware, software and cloud-based computing unlike anything being done today. We are transforming how world-class scientific and regulatory compliance measurements are made, and more importantly, who makes them. Never before have such high quality data been so readily available and so affordable.
- Scientists are learning faster than ever before how carbon cycle imbalances are affecting global water cycles and climate change.
- Energy companies are experiencing how Picarro’s can reshape their businesses.
- Food company supply chain managers are using Picarro’s stable isotope technology to improve food safety and drive financial performance improvements.
- Leading environmental NGO’s are communicating what greenhouse gas emissions literally look like.
Picarro’s impact on the world has been widely recognized by leading international business and environmental thought leaders. The World Economic Forum distinguished Picarro with a Technology Pioneer 2012 award, arguably the world’s most prestigious accolade for an emerging business. Forbes Magazine profiled Picarro along with several distinguished companies in its December 19, 2011 edition and the Red Herring recognized the company with a Global Top 100 Award.
- Regulatory authorities can now quantify emissions simply by driving by pollution sources on public roads.
The Sr. Software Engineer position will offer all these opportunities and continuous intellectual challenges as you play a key role in developing the software that powers our instruments.
We're looking for a motivated and passionate team member who will continue to drive Picarro software projects in new and exciting ways while maintaining our high standards in software performance, reliability, and usability. In this position, you will work with internal and external customers and play an important role in developing various software applications, including the host software that runs Picarro analyzers, simulation software that facilitates research activities, automation software that optimizes manufacturing productivity, peripheral interface software that creates integrated systems for various gas sampling applications, and more.
This position will give you the opportunity to use your software skills to implement cool technology in amazing products with the potential to change the world.
- Software development life cycle – must be able to plan, develop, troubleshoot, document, integrate, and analyze software applications. Position will be responsible for the development of new programs and sub-programs, as well as enhancement, modification, and correction to existing software. All the software activities must be version-controlled and documented.
- Work closely with software team members, project managers, engineering, research and development, marketing, manufacturing and technical support. Must be able to understand software requests, acquire specifications, manage project scopes, and provide fast and accurate solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering field (Electrical, Mechanical, Computer Engineering, etc)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in software development
- Solid object-oriented programming skills in Python
- Experience interfacing with hardware and scientific instruments
- Experience with version control applications (Git, hg, Bazaar, Subversion, and ClearCase)
- Strong teamwork and communication skills interfacing with internal and external customers
- Strong analytical, debugging, and problem-solving skills
- Proactive, creative, fast-paced, and quality-oriented
- Working knowledge of C
- Experience in software modeling and simulation for engineering applications
- Statistical and data analysis experience
- Experience in elegant, intelligent, and reusable high-level design techniques
- Experience with embedded system design
Salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
Picarro - 17 months ago