In this role, you will work as a Sr. Software Developer and join a leading-edge team build and extend the Enterprise Governance Solution. This solution leverages a patented approach to tracking, classifying, monitoring and applying policies to unstructured information across an enterprise. The performance and scalability demands on this product are staggering, requiring the ability to manage, track movement and maintain a patented “Digital Thread” of millions of documents across an enterprise.
- Work daily with an extremely talented Engineering team to build new features into the product.
- Work in an Agile environment to estimate stories, extract tasks from stories, estimate tasks and perform those tasks.
- Give daily accountability of work performed and work left to do. (standup)
- Develop new features in Java, C# and some C++. Features may include core Java and Multithreading algorithms as well as web based UI and Features.
- Build cloud based components and web services in multitenant architecture.
- Write in a TDD fashion building and executing unit tests, integration tests and unigration tests.
- Ensure code performs and scales to required specifications.
- Ensure excellence in all aspects of your code.
- Pair Program with other engineers and QA Team to build features and track down bugs.
- Support Level 3 issues within the product. Track down issues and bugs within the software.
- Be a good team member, speak up and give your opinion, support decisions made and make this product world class!
- Minimum 8+ years industry experience delivering industrial-strength, commercial software with demonstrated technical expertise in a OO language (C#/Java/C++)
- Solid understanding of technologies such as REST, SOAP, MVC, XML-RPC, and Spring.
- Excellent foundational understanding of distributed systems, concurrent programming with threads, high-availability, web services, and complex data architectures.
- A strong command of advanced OO concepts/methodologies
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently, in pairs and in a team.
- Understanding of Relations DB structures, SQL and query optimization is a plus
- Experience with integrated software engineering processes (e.g., unit testing, source control, continuous build, etc.)
- Self-starter with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Must be a team player and be able to work in an operationally critical, diverse and dynamic environment
- University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent
Proofpoint - 2 years ago