RJMetrics is looking for an exceptional engineer to help us take our software to the next level in terms of performance, scalability, reliability, maintainability and expandability.
RJMetrics is a hosted business intelligence platform targeting the SMB ecommerce and SaaS industries. Our company was launched in early 2009 and is backed by some of the most successful technology investors in Philadelphia, New York, and Silicon Valley. Our customers include some of the most successful and innovative names in online commerce today: Fab.com, Threadless, Bonobos, Hootsuite, and more. We are located in the heart of Center City Philadelphia.
We are a small team tackling big problems. We have a custom data analytics platform that we want to make faster and more efficient. We want to build the optimal tools and UI for data visualization . We are looking for individuals who will come in and own the areas of our business that are most interesting to them.
You will work closely with other amazing developers and team members to dream up and then lead projects that will delight customers and make our systems rock-solid. You will recognize weaknesses in our organization and won't hesitate to tell us what we are doing wrong and why . Finally, you will help us hire more people just like you as our company continues to grow.
In return, you will get to enjoy the perks of working at a fast-growing technology startup. You will get to build your own working environment with whatever hardware, software and furniture you need to be most effective. You will be given a stake in the company's success through stock options, along with a competitive salary. You’ll enjoy our happy-employee benefits package: health, dental, and vision insurance, fully stocked kitchen, on-site ping-pong, and more. Most importantly, you will help define the future of a promising company .
You are the ideal candidate because the following describes you:
We use the following in various capacities. You’ve worked with some, but probably not all of these.
- Can design a scalable, distributed software architecture and execute on the implementation of that design.
- Can devise plans that are adaptable, make progress incrementally, and deliver business value at every step along the way.
- Are familiar with multiple programming paradigms, such as OO and functional programming, and have applied these concepts in a variety of programming languages.
- Have implemented systems which apply concepts such as SOA/Microservices and REST.
- Can understand business goals and evaluate the relative technical strengths of potential solutions to achieve those goals.
- Have demonstrated the ability to lead other developers and coordinate their efforts.
- Are experienced with best practices around writing tests, test automation and continuous deployment.
- Possess a low-level understanding of software and computing that enables you are able to tackle complex bugs and performance issues.
- Are passionate about designing technology that will engender efficiency and enthusiasm in our dev team.
- Have principles that you follow when coding and know when to break them.
- Can communicate technical concepts and solutions to technical and non-technical co-workers.
This is a full-time position located on site.
- MySQL, redis, mongoDB, apache, node.js, kafka
- angularJS, backbone.js, jQuery
- git, jenkins, virtualbox
RJMetrics - 7 months ago
We power data-driven decisions by making data understandable and actionable. We do this by selling hosted business intelligence software to...