RichRelevance powers personalized shopping experiences for the world’s largest and most innovative retail brands, including Walmart, Sears, Target and others. Founded and led by the e-commerce expert who helped pioneer personalization at Amazon.com, RichRelevance helps retailers increase sales and customer engagement by recommending the most relevant products to consumers regardless of the channel they are shopping. RichRelevance has delivered more than $5.5 billion in attributable sales for its retail clients to date, and is accelerating these results with the introduction of a new form of digital advertising called Shopping Media which allows manufacturers to engage shoppers where it matters most -- in the digital aisles on the largest retail sites in world. RichRelevance’s Shopping Media platform is a unique retail advertising platform that supports brand- and performance-based campaigns to provide advertisers the opportunity to target consumers as they shop large multichannel retailers such as Target, Sears and Home Depot. RichRelevance is headquartered in San Francisco, with offices in New York, Seattle, Boston, and London, and has been twice recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work” in the Bay Area.
Software Engineer - Platform
We are looking for engineers who want to work in a high-energy, agile 100+ employee company. If you want to work with lots of data, we have more user data than almost anyone out there. You will have the opportunity to contribute to our growing big data infrastructure. RichRelevance is at the forefront of high-volume, low-latency data-driven internet applications. We take pride in pushing the limits of technology for greater scale, performance and efficiency. RichRelevance has product lines in the Retail and Display Advertising space, with customers like Walmart, Target, BestBuy, and JC Penney. The products you build will influence how millions of consumers shop online.
You are a good candidate if you have:
You get bonus points for:
- Deep, hands-on knowledge of Java (or C# and willing to convert)
- Experience designing and implementing web infrastructure
- Solid understanding of SQL & database design
- Strong commitment to quality including automated tests, code reviews, and documentation
- Experience using source control and issue tracking tools (ex. SVN, Jira)
- Experience working in an Agile development environment
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, can describe complex ideas and issues clearly.
- BS/MS in CS, Electrical Engineering, foreign equivalent or equivalent software development experience.
- 2+ years software development experience
RichRelevance is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, age, disability, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
- Knowledge of Hadoop, HBase, Cassandra, Pig, Hive or other NoSQL technologies
- Experience with distributed applications
- Knowledge of computer hardware and software internals
- Providing URLs and code samples of your work
- Python, Ruby, Scala, other JVM languages, shell scripts, or C/C++
- Participation in relevant open source projects
- Experience with streaming data technologies
- Experience writing concurrent and/or persistent data structures
- Experience optimizing low level data storage
- Experience writing annotation-based Java frameworks (big or small)