Savvis, which merged with CenturyLink in July 2011, is an outsourcing provider of managed computing and network infrastructure for IT applications. By outsourcing to Savvis, enterprises can focus on their core business while Savvis ensures the quality of their IT infrastructure. Leading IT organizations around the world have selected Savvis to help them improve their service levels, reduce capital expense and deal with the rising costs of bandwidth, energy, real estate, staff and expertise. As a pioneer in utility computing, Savvis understands and harnesses the latest advances in technology such as virtualization, cloud computing and support process automation.
The CTO Senior Software Engineer will be a member of the Enterprise Frameworks Development team and will collaborate with other software developers, business analysts, Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and project stakeholders to develop and maintain core architecture software components that are reusable, extensible, scalable, etc. and that will be leveraged across a myriad of software systems throughout the Savvis IT landscape.
The CTO Senior Software Engineer will work in a fast-paced, high-energy Agile development environment, and will serve as a senior developer on Scrum teams, and will participate in planning sessions, LOE sessions, demos and retrospectives.
The CTO Senior Software Engineer will also assist the Senior Manager of Software Development in delivering value-added software components which exhibit the following characteristics: on-schedule, on-budget, high quality and high availability.
· Member of Agile Scrum team, participate in planning, LOE, demo and retrospective sessions
· Develop key architecture components that are reusable, scalable, and extensible for future changes/enhancements
· Mentor others on the team by instructing them in the SDLC process (Agile), reviewing their designs and code, and overseeing integration and deployment of modules they develop
· Develop code for requirements that are emergent (i.e., not fully defined)
· Translate functional requirements into sound technical solutions
· Create development environment for efficient testing and integration
· Ensure that the software developed both personally and by the rest of the team has been tested at a modular level as well as integration tested
· 7+ years full lifecycle software development experience
· 5+ years design and development experience in Java (Core Java, Spring, Web Services)
· 4+ years development/maintenance experience in Linux
· Advanced SQL/database programming in one or more of the following commercial relational databases: MSSQL, Oracle, MySQL
· Experience with XML, HTML, VB Script, CGI, Java Script, AJAX
· Experience with Tomcat or JBoss
· Experience with JUnit
· Experience with Enterprise Service Bus (ESB), such as Mule
· Experience with source control packages, such as Subversion and CVS
· Strong problem solving and analytical skills
· Ability to produce high quality, maintainable software
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment
· Outstanding oral and written communication with peers and supervisor
· Experience in Agile software development practices, such as Scrum
· Experience with J2EE (Servlets, JSP’s, Custom Java Tags, etc.)
· Experience with Eclipse IDE
· Experience with Hiberate
· Experience with Spring
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States. We are proud to be an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing. No phone calls, please.
SAVVIS Inc. - 19 months ago