Spirent Communications is where the world’s leading communications companies turn when they need to accelerate their time-to-market for next-generation communication systems. In fact, every significant industry test in the last six years has used Spirent's test systems as the benchmark. We are continually recognized by customers, industry, press, and technology associations for our innovative thinking and our ground-breaking products. The communications market has untapped potential. The boundaries of how fast, far, and accurately voice and data can be transmitted have yet to be reached, or even defined. Spirent solutions are paving the way for tomorrow’s communications.
The atmosphere at Spirent is innovative, creative, and technically challenging. We are always looking for new employees with exceptional abilities, vision, and commitment levels to join our team.
If you want to work with truly bright and motivated people—and be a part of an industry-leading company that's helping to revolutionize communications technologies—this is your opportunity. Our focus on employee satisfaction stems from a core belief that market-leading products start with one thing: market-leading people. At Spirent, we offer more than jobs, we offer unique career opportunities. We can do this because we are large enough to encompass a breadth of possibilities, while being small enough for you to be noticed and recognized. Are you innovative enough to work at Spirent?
The successful candidate will own the design and implementation of software applications, user interfaces, and tools for our flagship test and measurement product. He/she will be expected to operate in a fast-paced, continuous integration environment, developing complex algorithms and documenting these to the level needed to convey functionality and methodology to peers. He/she must be able to provide accurate forecasts of work effort and clearly communicate implementation risks and design trade-offs. Most importantly, the successful candidate for this position must demonstrate great teamwork, outstanding communication skills, and a true passion for crafting high-quality software while being committed to continuously learning and constantly improving his/her skills.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
• Design, develop and test new product features as well as maintain existing applications
• Deliver high quality software applications on aggressive schedules
• Investigate and recommend technical solutions to complex problems with little or no supervision
• Participate in design and code reviews, and assist in providing architectural direction
BSEE/BSCE required. MSEE/MSCE desired.
• Minimum 5 years of experience in software development. Good track record of delivering products that have been well accepted in the marketplace
• Extensive knowledge of Microsoft C#, C++ and object oriented design and programming
• Experience with networking technologies including Ethernet, IP v4/v6, TCP/IP, Multicast, and Routing technologies.
• Experience working on multiple platforms such as Windows and Linux.
• Knowledge of application virtualization and Linux containers
• Knowledge of Python and TCL
• Knowledge of XML, UML, and Design Patterns
• Experience with or knowledge of Agile development methodologies
• Good written and verbal communication skills
• Good organizational skills and attention to detail
Spirent Communications - 11 months ago