Do you want to use your experience in Software Engineering, innovating products that change the world? If you answered yes, Starkey Hearing Technologies has the position just for you! Starkey Hearing Technologies is headquartered in Eden Prairie, MN and we are excited to be opening our Design Center in Austin, Texas. Starkey offers four weeks PTO, outstanding medical and dental coverage, 401K, ESOP, community involvement and so much more. Known worldwide for its celebrity endorsements and annual gala, Starkey’s Hearing Foundation suppports the gift of hearing and has donated more than 110,000 hearing aids globally in 2011 alone, supporting our mission: “So the world may hear.” Voted one of the nation’s Top Workplaces in 2012, Starkey is changing lives the world over.
The primary objective of the Software Engineer position in the Firmware Engineering department is to create and maintain internally facing software tools that increase the pace of development. These tools are used by members of the Firmware Engineering department and others throughout the organization to allow them to be more effective in creating hearing aid features and debugging issues.
Senior engineers work independently but have the maturity to involve others when needed or seek help from others. They are very reliable in taking ownership of their work and present high quality work while meeting the deadlines. They find ways to do things that take the whole picture into account and look along multiple dimensions of a problem. Senior engineers are well capable of receiving an under-defined task, bring clarity to the task, and accomplish the task with high quality. They can independently work with other groups in the organization and are capable to professionally interact with other teams. They not only apply engineering processes such as creating design and documents, creating unit tests, peer reviews, coding conventions, etc to their daily work, but also actively contribute to and improve these processes. The Senior Software Engineer demonstrates both breadth and depth of knowledge.
Senior Software Engineer II signifies the employee has reached a solid ground in the basic job requirements.
- BS in Software Engineering or Computer Science with eight to twelve years of relevant working ecperience or graduate degree in Software Engineering or Computer Science with five to eight years of relevant working experience
- Expert knowledge of C#, .NET Framework Class Libraries and .NET Internals
- Solid experience with windows forms
- Solid OO Fundamentals
- Solid understanding of XML Technologies (XML, XPath, XSD, XSLT)
- UML Modeling
- Understanding the Application Development Life Cycle
- High level knowledge of architecture of programming devices such as DSP's and Micro-controllers
- General knowledge of different aspects of hearing aids, Inspire, and Suite
Skills & Abilities
- Excellent organizational skills required
- Excellent written and oral skills required
- Great attention to details required
- Great interpersonal skills required to work with members of the Firmware Engineering department and others throughout the organization
- Excellent technical writing skills required
Transforming the hearing care industry
Starkey Hearing Technologies is a recognized world leader in high quality audio technology. We serve our customers by providing a broad range of hearing devices that meet a variety of hearing needs. Through unsurpassed customer service practices, we strive to bring a human touch to hearing healthcare. Starkey Hearing Technologies' family of companies includes Audibel, Micro-Tech, NuEar, and Starkey. Starkey Hearing Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Benefits of employment
We offer our full time associates a full benefits package that includes a generous Paid-Time-Off (PTO) plan, Profit Sharing, 401(k), Employee Stock Ownership Plan (ESOP), Health and Life Insurance, Short and Long Term Disability and Flexible Spending. What's more, we're committed to helping our associates attain their full potential through in-house and on-the-job training, and tuition reimbursement.
- 2 years ago - save job
As a Starkey Hearing Technologies’ brand, Starkey is much more than the hearing aids we produce. Starkey is an experience. One that...