Do you enjoy working in a challenging environment with minimal supervision and a variety of responsibilities? As a SunGard Software Implementation Engineer, you will be more than just a programmer. You will use your technical skills and analytical abilities to solve product implementation problems for our Protegent clients. Protegent is a comprehensive compliance and surveillance software solution for financial services institutions. Your resourceful ability to shift, multi-task, learn new technologies quickly, figure out new solutions to unexpected problems, communicate effectively with team mates and clients, as well as thrive in a self-sufficient environment, will be your keys to success.
What you will do:
1. Interface with clients regarding professional services development projects and the debugging of our code base while managing expectations and communicating project status
2. Respond to issues in a timely fashion
3. Manage four or more projects concurrently while keeping on schedule with project deadlines
4. Assess customer needs to develop and configure the software
5. Participate in data analysis, mapping, and configuration meetings
6. Gather customer requirements
7. Work closely with the Project Management, Business Analysts, and Infrastructure teams
8. Communicate status internally, to the project team, and externally with the customer
9. You will need the flexibility to occasionally travel to client sites
Skills and Experience you will need:
Additional Notes: About Protegent (http://www.sungard.com/protegent) - Complete Solutions for Equities Traders and Compliance Officers. SunGard Protegent’s compliance, surveillance and supervision solutions empower compliance officers with greater visibility into potential risk factors and streamlined process automation, all while increasing regulatory transparency. From employee personal trade monitoring and registered representative surveillance/suitability testing, to AML and Reg NMS requirements, SunGard Protegent provides a comprehensive suite of solutions to both buy and sell side firms.
- Proficiency with Java OR C# required - with more than 2 years of professional work experience
- Experience in implementing software solutions is a big plus
- 1+ years of Compliance or Financial Services experience is also a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Interest in applying technical solutions in a business driven environment
- Process-oriented, multi-tasker, and an analytical thinker who enjoys the challenge of solving unexpected problems and motivated to develop new solutions with minimal direction
- Experience with one of the following databases: SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, Sybase
- Ability to writing SQL Queries, and accessing database tables a BIG PLUS
- Bachelor’s degree required
SunGard’s solutions for capital markets help banks, broker-dealers, futures commission merchants and other financial institutions improve the efficiency, transparency and control of their trading and processing. From market connectivity, trade execution and securities financing to accounting, data management and tax reporting, our solutions provide cross-asset support for the entire trade lifecycle. We help our customers increase efficiency, make more informed decisions, improve their use of capital and manage risk more effectively.
Capitalize on Change
In speaking to our customers, we hear three universal business challenges that need to be addressed in an ever-changing financial services landscape: delivering transparency to internal and external stakeholders, increasing efficiency for cost management and leveraging networks for growth. Please join the conversation at www.sungard.com/ten .
SunGard - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard