This opening is for a senior software developer working in an agile development and engineering environment. Selected candidates will use an agile Scrum based framework to collaborate with peer software engineers, systems engineers, customers, and lifecycle tier support personnel. The technology domain is RF network monitoring. The work focuses on building and supporting applications and tools used to test and monitor analog and digital channels for cable companies.
Requirements for position (experience, skill, education):
- A working understanding of databases, Linux, TCP/IP networking Ruby, Ruby on Rails.
- Experience writing software using generating web based reports and TCP/IP network daemons.); Familiarity with modern software development methods and a working understanding of how unit and integration test fit into the development lifecycle;
- Hands-on experience with configuration and change management tools and practices;
- Hands-on experience doing system administrative tasks on a linux framekwork.
- An ability to work independently, take on commitments, communicate and cooperate to resolve issues, and work collaboratively in a fast paced environment demanding the ability to quickly respond to rapidly changing requirements driven by world events.
- Knowledge and experience performing unit and integration test and an understanding of how to build testability into the product from early in its lifecycle;
- Experience in rapid or agile development; Familiarity with TCP/IP, Daemon development;
- Education: A BS degree, in Computer Science or related discipline is preferred. A BA degree in a Liberal Arts discipline is acceptable provided there is evidence of required and desired skills described above. Degree is required.