Information Systems/Technical Services: Computer Information Systems
Senior Software Engineer - Tickets.com (Costa Mesa, CA)
Tickets.com (TDC) is a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball. Headquartered in Costa Mesa, California, TDC has regional offices across the United States and around the world.
Tickets.com is a leading provider of fully integrated event ticketing solutions and services for thousands of top arts, entertainment, and sports organizations worldwide. TDC offers the latest in ticketing technology that gives organizations control over their ticketing operations. Our commitment to technology extends beyond in-house development to strategic partnerships with industry leading organizations.
The company also sells tickets directly to consumers at www.tickets.com.
We are seeking a Sr. Software Engineer to be an essential individual contributor within a project team, focusing on development of new products & features. The Sr. Software Engineer will design, code and test medium to large software modules as they apply to a specific product. This position will also perform requirements analysis, create functional designs, and detailed design specifications as they relate to the implementation of the software.
- Designs, codes, and tests medium to large software modules
- Participate in short term planning of IT projects and programs
- Participate in group design meetings
- Analyze, interpret and make decisions affecting work methods and procedures within an overall program
- Participates in the development of larger modules which may also include requirements analysis, architectural design, or detailed design tasks under the direction of a more experienced engineer
- Write technical documentation
- Develop software using at least one programming language and platform
- Utilize source control tools and related build mechanisms
- Install and configure software development tools and/or operating systems
- Debug and correct problems in existing software
- Estimate the complexity of a certain task and an appropriate schedule
- Create the requirements analysis, functional design, and detailed design specifications as they relate to the implementation of a software module
- Provide direction to less experienced engineers
- Resolve complex software problems/bugs via advanced debugging techniques
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Must practice regular & continued self-education
- Exercise troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Must have a willingness to teach others
Tickets.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Strong understanding of object oriented analysis, design and programming
- At least 4 years of Java programming experience, object oriented analysis, design and programming
- Ability to work both individually and in team environments is essential
- The individual must be articulate and communicate effectively, both in written and oral formats
- Experience in a J2EE application server environment utilizing JMS, JNDI, clustering, and related technologies
- Experience in Oracle or other DBMS systems, fluent in SQL & DML constructs critical
- Experience in an enterprise transactional environment, integrating with TIBCO or a messaging bus product, a plus
- Experience with SOA type environments, a plus
- Experience in XML & UML, a plus
- Experience in portal development, prototype framework, and YUI library, a plus
- Box Office Management or other ticketing experience, a plus
- Experience as a group Leader, a plus
- Remote evening and weekend work as required including having home internet access
Step 1: To apply for this position, click the 'Apply for this position' link below and please completely fill out the application including uploading your resume.
- Application is a two-step process.
Step 2: After completing Step 1, you will find the Step 2 instructions in a yellow box after you complete your application as well as in an email confirmation.
MLB - 13 months ago
This company is ready to play ball online. MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) is the Internet and interactive media arm of Major League Baseball...