Emerging Healthcare IT Startup in the Pittsburgh, PA area seeking Senior Software Engineer who is a full-stack developer.
Have you been doing software development for several years and now find yourself looking for a change? Are you stuck fixing bugs instead of focusing on new and interesting forward development projects? Do you want to play a key role in building a new and innovative health care product that is disrupting the current industry? If so, this is the role you’ve been seeking!
Treatspace is a Pittsburgh-based early stage startup that is operating out of Carnegie Mellon University and has successfully been a part of both Innovation Works’ Alphalab program and Project Olympus at CMU. We are building a secure, fact-based, health network SaaS platform that reliably connects patients with doctors and other entities in the health system for the purpose of clinical communication:
Think LinkedIn + Force.com for Healthcare. Checkout Treatspace.com
- Patients to Doctors
- Doctors to Doctors
- Hospitals/Practices and doctors
- Physician extenders with doctors and patients
There are social and business online networks, but no ubiquitous health network linking patients and their network of healthcare providers. This is an exciting opportunity to be a major contributor with a new and innovative HEALTH NETWORK product and service company.
About Treatspace - Fast Facts
Treatspace is seeking an energetic, highly motivated Senior Software Engineer to lead our Engineering team out of our Pittsburgh office. This is BOTH a software development and mentoring role.
- Big Idea . We are building an award-winning, industry-validated platform that will change healthcare.
- Success . We won first place at Pittsburgh Startup Weekend in March 2012.
- Educated . We have a diverse team of entrepreneurs, developers, and designers who have studied and/or taught at CMU and Pitt.
- Experience . Our founder has over 10 years of experience and was named Young Entrepreneur of the Year by the Small Business Association of PA.
- Progress . We finalized our alpha launch in June 2012 and are actively selling our solution to healthcare providers in the Tri-State region.
- Backed by CMU . We work at Project Olympus on the CMU campus.
- Press . We’ve been written about in TEQ, Pop City, the Pittsburgh Business Times, MedCity & MedPageToday and the Pittsburgh Post Gazette. (Google us)
- Backed by PA . We've been accepted into one of the top incubators in the nation: Innovation Work's Alphalab program and we have received funding from both Innovation Works and The Pittsburgh Lifesciences Greenhouse.
The ideal candidate will be someone whose professional direction lies at the intersection of information technology and solving business problems. Every successful team member at Treatspace is a self-starter who can multi-task and who thrives in a fast-paced environment. In addition to the highest ethical standards and level of personal integrity, we are looking to fill this key role as we begin to rapidly expand our customer base.
Exciting challenges you’ll play a major role in solving :
- Design the strategic efforts necessary to take a regionally proven platform to national scale
- Lead a highly motivated software development team for all new roadmap efforts
- Integration of the Treatspace platform with various practice and hospital Electronic Health Record systems in order to bring together disparate Healthcare Information Systems
- Defining software workflows which best match our customers needs and current processes
- Strong willingness to mentor mid-level software engineers and work with them to increase their skills and knowledge.
- Participate in platform design, implementation, and testing for new features and enhancements to existing software.
- Solving challenging algorithmic problems in order to differentiate us from the competition
- Work with cross-functional teams to deliver quality features on time.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbally and in writing
- Learn the Treatspace software platform in-depth and provide technical leadership to the executive team.
Development Knowledge :
- Fluency in DevOps
- Full stack development experience with a minimum five (5) years experience in software development and enterprise software systems
- Ability to ensure all aspects of our platform are designed in a secure way with best practice methodologies and modern encryption schemes
- Detailed knowledge of Web 2.0 technologies, including Web applications and SaaS, social network theory, web video and responsive design methodologies.
- Cloud hosting management experience using Amazon Web Services, Windows Azure or Rackspace. Particular emphasis on platform scaling, application redundancy and data replication schemes.
- Ideal: Experience in Python, Django, Database Management, Apache, Linux
Treatspace is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.