NetherRealm Studios, a division of WB Games Inc. seeks a Senior Software Engineer – Tools to work closely with the Koretech technology team behind the Mortal Kombat franchise. This is an opportunity to become an integral part of an extremely talented team of industry veterans focusing on pushing the technology of current and next-gen hardware.
The primary focus of the Engineer will be centered on porting the current development engine to Next Generation consoles as well as integrating new middleware for said consoles.
The Senior Software Engineer will also help define and build the ultimate solution for efforts centered on every aspect of the build pipeline, from buildbots all the way to integrated smoke testing and performance profiling. The Engineer will not only be able to implement improvements and new features, but work with software leads and directors to help define a best-in-class solution to deal with the challenges of managing complex software release pipelines across multiple projects.
The Senior Software Engineer will have an opportunity to explore a diverse realm of challenges, including everything from writing custom plugins for the Unreal Editor to developing tools for the various content generation teams.
If you have a passion for the software development process and build engineering, then this will give you an opportunity to implement and constantly improve our tools with the support of a team focused on similar goals.
This position requires both a diverse and talented programmer, but also someone who is aware of the latest trends in tools to help evangelize ideas to the team.
- Collaborate with the Director of Technology and the software development leads to design, plan and schedule our roadmap for tool improvements.
- Develop, iterate on and maintain improvements to our tools pipeline that enable higher levels of usability across our entire content development team and meet all design and schedule requirements.
- Suggest and document ideas for improving the current tools and workflow, as well as future-leaning ideas we should be exploring.
- Developing and extending systems that are powerful as well as flexible for current and future generations of consoles.
- Developing and porting technologies to the next generations of consoles.
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- 5+ years professional programming experience (C++ preferred).
- Experience working with artists and collecting requirements and feedback.
- Supported development of at least one AAA game project through the lifecycle.
- Excellent C++/C# mastery and skills. The ability to write highly efficient and optimized code.
- Ability to write highly optimized algorithms and processes.
- Knowledge of the video game development pipeline.
- Microsoft Visual Studio development environment.
- An innate desire to push the boundaries of video game technology.
- Highly motivated to build easy to use, robust tools.
- Experience working on supporting multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to collaborate with engineers and content creators to develop robust, maintainable, cutting-edge tools technology.
- Creative, self-motivated, resourceful problem-solver with excellent debugging and strong communications skills.
- Ability to thrive in a team development environment.
- Strong desire to build industry-leading tools technology.
- A passion for video games is obviously a plus.