Verathon™ - Senior Software Engineer
Verathon has an exciting opportunity in our New Product Development group for a Senior Software Engineer. This position will be responsible for critical application software & system development in support of our latest medical devices and products. This experienced Senior Software Engineer is expected to work with the team to provide technical acumen and development for a variety of technologies.
A commitment to program goals and professional demeanor are essential.
Our New Product Development group is dynamic and provides a broad range of opportunities to work with a variety of technologies. Prototyping is a core component of our development process.
Verathon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Roper Industries, an acquisitive S&P 500 and NYSE listed diversified growth company. Verathon is headquartered in the greater Seattle area, in Bothell, Washington, and has 7 international subsidiaries in Canada, Europe and Asia. The company designs, manufactures, distributes and markets reliable, state-of-the-art medical devices and services to the health care community that offer meaningful improvement in patient care. Our largest brands, BladderScan and GlideScope, have achieved worldwide recognition as the number one leader in their respective markets. Verathon is a financially sound company with consistent growth and performance even during down market cycles. We have a strong pipeline of new products for multiple areas of discipline within the health care industry.
· Define & design product and system architectures for a variety of medical products
· Develop robust software solutions within program parameters
· Develop application level software for PC and embedded devices in a Windows and Linux environments.
· Participate in requirements definition through preliminary and detailed design, coding, testing and integration
· Participate in prototype development
· Develop and maintain software specifications and related technical documentation
· Requires close interaction and participation with a multidisciplinary team including software, hardware, and test engineers.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· BSCS, BSEE, or equivalent technical degree required. MSCS preferred
· 8+ years experience developing application software in a team environment, including user interfaces.
· OpenGL ES Development experience
· Experience designing medical devices under FDA Design control preferred
· Experience with object-oriented analysis, design and development
· Strong technical foundation in C++, C
· Experience with Linux programming
· Prefer experience with C#, .NET
· Prefer experience with Visual Studio
· Good software development process skills
· Good software documentation skills
· Strong verbal and written communication skills
· Strong commitment to meeting customer needs
· Good "team player
" with strong interpersonal skills
· "Self-starter" who is highly motivated
· Authorized to work in the United States
· Able to make independent judgments using sound engineering principles and techniques
Verathon is an equal opportunity employer and strongly supports diversity in the workplace. We believe that diverse ideas, opinions and perspectives will build a strong foundation for success.
Verathon - 22 months ago
copy to clipboard