Senior Software Engineer (Machine Learning / Big Data)
We are one of the fastest growing social media websites in the Web today with over 700M monthly page views, 17M global unique visitors and have grown more than 250% in the past year. We do all of this currently with an extremely small team of world class entrepreneurs and engineers. This is a rare opportunity to make an immediate impact at an early-stage startup that has already achieved product / market fit. We are based in San Francisco and backed by world-class investors with deep pockets.
We are looking for a talented, energetic individual with demonstrated excellence in delivering robust solutions based on leading-edge technologies in the field of social media analytics, natural language processing, statistical analysis, data mining and predictive modeling.
Compensation and Benefits
- Machine Learning expertise with the ability to apply appropriate techniques and tools in domains including natural language processing, Big Data transformation analysis, and the Semantic Web
- BS, MS or PhD in Computer Science or a related field with a high degree of mathematical and statistical aptitude and proven hands-on coding skills
- 3+ years experience in developing very large, distributed, high-performance systems from design through implementation
- Experience applying statistical analysis techniques to build predictive models
- Experience with Hadoop and HBase or MapReduce and GFS is highly desirable
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python or Ruby.
- Ability to solve complex problems in a fast-paced environment with limited guidance.
Compensation is highly competitive with start-up equity package and benefits for the right candidates. We are open to sponsoring H1B visas for really exceptional candidates.
Please submit resume to email@example.com
WHI Inc. - 16 months ago
WHI provides state-of-the-art security to ensure that your customer data is never compromised. Since inception, we've committed substantial...