Senior Software Engineer, Services Team – OMS/IMS
It’s an enormous career opportunity. How big? Here @WalmartLabs, we process multi-terabytes of fresh data and petabytes of historical data, covering several million products and even more users. And our Services team is all about creating a world-class eCommerce experience for our consumers. Come explore the latest and greatest technologies, and help us as we develop our new platform—the next-generation, green field foundation for one of the largest retail companies in the world. As a Senior Software Engineer, you’ll work on designing and creating the Global Inventory, Shipping and Order Services providing support for billions of inventory records with few milliseconds of SLAs.
You’ll build n-tier applications using SOA, Java/J2EE, NoSQL and related technologies. Working closely with the Platform team, you’ll also manage code and configurations for multiple environments, maintaining code integrity, environment controls and the release management process. Additional responsibilities will include analyzing business requirements and artifacts of the scrum process in an agile development environment with quick turnaround times
You’ll have a BCS or related degree and 5 years of experience building scalable eCommerce applications or mobile software.
Your 5 years of experience programming in Java/J2EE, EJB, XML/JSON, XSLT, XSD, JMS, WSDL, WADL, SOA, web services and related technologies will be put to good use.
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- BS in Computer Science or related technical discipline with 5+ years of relevant experience
Ideally, you’ll have experience with:
- Solid foundation in computer science with extensive experience in data structures, algorithms, and software design
- Extensive database, enterprise messaging, multi-threads, and network programming experience
- Experience in building restful web services and API design
- Coding skills in Node.js, Java NIO (netty and/or mina), and NoSQL (couchbase, mongodb, or cassandra) databases
- Ready to run with other A-players in a fast, lively environment? Join the Services team @WalmartLabs.
Senior Software Engineer
Walmart Stores - 13 months ago
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc., branded as Walmart since 2008 and Wal-Mart before then, is an American public multinational corporation that runs...