Tracing our roots to 1928, Wellington Management Company, LLP is one of the world’s largest independent investment management firms. With US$719 billion in assets under management as of 31 March 2012, we serve as a trusted adviser to institutional clients and mutual fund sponsors in over 50 countries. Our innovative investment solutions are built on the strength of proprietary, independent research and span nearly all segments of the global capital markets, including equity, fixed income, multi-asset, and alternative strategies. As a private partnership whose sole business is investment management, our long-term views and interests are aligned with those of our clients. We are committed to attracting a talented and diverse workforce, and to fostering an open, collaborative culture of inclusivity because we believe multiple perspectives lead to more informed investment and business decisions. We welcome people with diverse life experiences, fresh ideas, and specialized subject-matter expertise.
Below are the top keys to this position
Strong hands-on core server side Java/J2EE Developer
- 3 to 7 years of software engineering experience
JMS, multi-threading and Spring experience
- Strong Communication skills
- The Trading Systems team will provide domain knowledge training
- Financial services are a plus, not a requirement
Our Electronic Trading connectivity team (FIX) is growing their engineering team and is looking for highly motivated engineers to make an impact at Wellington. This is a great opportunity for an engineer to build a career and learn about electronic trading in the rapidly evolving financial investment industry.
At Wellington, our engineers interface directly with traders to deliver solutions that are innovative and leverage technical trends in the financial industry. By working collaboratively with our traders, you will gain valuable financial investment insight into the financial markets and help Wellington continue to improve and evolve its trading capabilities.
As a senior member of this team, the individual will have the following responsibilities:
- Be an integral member of the FIX engineering team and their deliverables to the Trading Business units
- Responsible for Wellington’s FIX infrastructure in both the non-production and production environments
- Interface with and support the Equity and Fixed Income Trading engineering teams
- Interface with Wellington’s central teams to coordinate testing and changes to our enterprise infrastructure
- Stay current with evolving Trading industry and technical trends to ensure systems and team are of highest caliber
The ideal candidate must have excellent communication skills and proven ability to design and deliver solutions relevant to complex business problems.
Specific requirements include, in order of importance:
- 3 to 7 years in systems development using Java and J2EE
- Strong knowledge and experience with message technologies (e.g. JMS)
- Strong knowledge and experience with multi-threaded applications
- Strong knowledge and experience with frameworks (e.g. Spring)
- Strong motivation and ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment supporting a business-critical production environment
- Working knowledge of SQL and relational database technologies
- Experience with but not limited to the following set of tools, Accurev, Subversion, build tools like Maven, Ant, code quality tools like FindBugs, Clover, Fisheye and Crucible
- Investment industry domain knowledge is a strong plus but not required
- Computer Science degree or related field
Wellington Management - 6 months ago
If Napoleon had met this Wellington, Waterloo would have taken on a whole new meaning: sound asset management. Wellington Management oversee...