Netflix is looking for a senior level Software Engineer to join a talented group of people working in the Digital Supply Chain Department. This team is responsible for the pipeline of streams released to Netflix subscribers for instant watching.
Challenges in our group never cease. Our systems and software manage the voluminous and long running encoding processes end to end.
The major responsibilities for the Senior Software Engineer in DevOps in this team are focused around software development and operational sustenance:
Required Technical Experience:
- Tools Development
- Ad Hoc Scripts Development
- Applications Workflow Development
- Advanced proficiency in scripting – any one or more of Perl, Python, Shell, Ruby – prefer Python
- Any flavor of UNIX, preferably Linux
Additional Success Factors (not required but very nice to have):
- Insatiable craving for making applications more automated, consistent and reliable over time
- Creative and solutions oriented thinking
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to act quickly as a point of contact for application problems / emergencies
- Flexibility in shifting priorities based on changing business needs
- Excellent verbal and writing skills
- Cassandra / NoSQL – ability to create ad hoc data extracts. administration, performance tuning knowledge very helpful
- Experience with Cloud Computing Architecture and implementation
- Experience with development for Encoding or Video Compression
- Understanding Apache configuration
A Bachelors or higher in Computer Science or equivalent is required
Netflix - 10 months ago
Netflix, Inc. is an online movie rental subscription service in the United States, providing approximately 7.5 million subscribers access to...