The Product Developer creates, enhances and maintains products to support Bracket’s business needs. Working under the direction of Technical Lead, Team Lead and/or Product Development Manager this position implements assigned coding modules, performs unit testing, and documents their work according to accepted quality principles and supports testing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Note: Other duties may be assigned.
• Overall responsibility for the design, development and on time delivery of applications, components and/or systems.
• Working with Product Analysts and Product Managers, gains an understanding of the business requirements for assigned tasks.
• Working with Technical Lead, Team Lead and/or Product Development Manager or Principal Product Architect, gains an understanding of design patterns, principles and standards to be followed in implementing assigned tasks.
• Recommend, design and implement on-going application and architectural improvements.
• Creates and documents system design specifications and other technical documents as required.
• Understands and follows all coding standards.
• Creates robust, well documented code for front-end website, middle tier or back-end.
• Creates database objects as required.
• Completes unit testing and peer review documentation as required.
• Working with development team, integrates implemented code and database objects into release application.
• Performs smoke testing for released application as required.
• Supports all phases of testing by efficiently diagnosing and resolving defects.
• Provides after hours application support as required.
• Coordinates with Lead Product Developers on implementations to ensure proper design is being followed within a vertical area of the product (e.g. Framework, Application and Utilities/Administration).
• Responsible for development training documentation and presentations for assigned product areas that target cross-functional groups.
• Efficiently and effectively diagnoses and resolves defects.
• Identifies areas of the application impacted by the resolution and works with Product Analyst and/or Test Analyst to define test cases required for the resolution.
• Completes all required change control documentation including updates to requirements, design and other technical documents as required.
• Deploys resolution to testing and production environment as required.
Quality System Responsibilities
• Performs all work in accordance with documented Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), Working Instructions.
• Adheres to Good Clinical Practices (GCP), 21 CFR Part 11 and other regulatory requirements as required.
• 7+ years experience professionally developing software.
• 6+ years in ASP.NET/C# development environment.
• Solid understanding of Object Oriented programming and data structures.
• Experience with some or all of the following technologies:
o Microsoft technologies such as C#, ASP.NET, MVC, Visual Studio 2005/2008/2010, IIS
o Object Relational Mapping (OR/M) frameworks such as EF, NHibernate
o Dependency Injection (DI) frameworks such as MEF, Unity is a plus
o Microsoft SQL Server 2005/2008, MySQL or other relational databases including sql skills such as stored procedures, views and triggers
o Team Foundation Server, Visual Source Safe, Subversion or other source control product
o Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services or other reporting tool
o Web/Windows development
• Experience of distributed architecture and high performance data collection is desirable.
• Experience developing, enhancing and customizing configurable applications is desirable.
• Domain experience in any of the following is desirable:
o Interactive Voice Response (IVR) applications
o Mobile device applications include Smartphone and Tablet
o Electronic Data Capture applications
o Learning Management Systems
o Clinical Trial Management Systems
• Experience estimating development and support tasks.
• Familiarity with 21 CFR Part 11 or experience in a regulated environment desirable.
We offer a highly competitive base salary and an outstanding benefits program, including medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, 401(k) with Company match, life insurance, and generous paid time off.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, M/F/D/V