Title Software Program Manager Job # 14402BR Job Function Information Technology City Marina del Rey State California Country United States FT/PT Full Time Qty 1 Job Description ARINC Airports and Surface Transportation in Marina del Rey is seeking a highly motivated Software Program Manager to support its Surface Transportation & Security Systems Division.
ARINC delivers state-of-the-art Advanced Information Management (AIM®) rail control centers that incorporate flexibility and features for commuter, subway, light-rail, or freight railway operators. ARINC maximizes the use of off-the-shelf hardware and software to keep costs down while updating and customizing existing communications and control systems.
At ARINC, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose ARINC as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join ARINC and help shape our future while creating yours. Qualifications Required Experience:
- Oversee and manage Train Control / SCADA system development projects.
- Develop project plans, manage project scope, budget and schedule.
- Participate in marketing efforts, develop new business, and carry out proposal development efforts.
- Ensure the projects are completed on schedule, within budget, and with customer satisfaction.
- Manage client expectations,
- Manage daily activities concerning subcontractor and project team's tasks.
- Achieve a minimum of 10% average EBIT (over program life determined at year end).
- Ensure all ISO, CMMI, and TSSEP policies and procedures are implemented on all projects.
- Heavy customer interface is required.
- Thirteen (13) years of experience in software and systems engineering environment with project management background and Profit Loss / Budget experience.
- Seven (7) years of demonstrated management experience managing software engineers.
- Business development, contract management and change order negotiation, and proposal development experience.
- Strong domain experience.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks.
- Must have superior written and oral communication skills and be proficient in the Microsoft Office Application Suite.
- Experience in the Rail Transportation market and public transit agency projects.
- Experience in managing Fixed Price contracts.
- Knowledge of project planning tools, including Microsoft Project and Primavera are highly desirable.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Software Engineering or Information Technology discipline is strongly preferred; BS/MS Engineering discipline is acceptable
- PMP Certification is desirable. If not PMP certified, begin PMI certification as part of ARINC PM Level certification. Amount of Travel Required for Position 0 - 25
ARINC - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard