# of openings:
Senior Software QA Engineer
Symphony Teleca is a world-leading supplier of software solutions and engineering services to the automotive and mobile industry. Our unmatched domain expertise and experience, combined with a global footprint enable our customers to realize their products, services and visions. Symphony Teleca has approximately 6,000 employees in 12 countries.
We are searching for a Software Test / QA Engineer to take on a cutting edge role in a new project. Successful candidate will contribute to the design and implementation of brand new and complex test systems. This engineer will be motivated with an innate curiosity about how things work and the drive to improve them. The SQA Engineer is expected to have experience with white box testing, performance analysis, and automating large-scale functional tests using JAVA code as well as scripting. The SQA role is an integral part of our team, working alongside the Developers and Product Owner throughout the development process to define acceptance tests and build a successful product.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Creating and implementing test acceptance criteria
- Automated testing
- Evaluating test data
- Recording defects
- Problem discovery, tracking, and resolution
Requirements for this role
- Customer, products, equipment.
Bachelor's or Master's Degree in an engineering discipline, Electrical Engineering (BSEE or MSEE) or Computer Science (BSCS or MSCS) preferred however other disciplines will be considered with additional relevant work experience.
Job Location: Seattle
- Minimum of 5 years of SQA experience.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with white box JUNIT testing.
- JAVA development experience.
- Some ActionScript or Flash UI knowledge.
- Mobile testing experience.
- Scripting and test automation experience.
- Experience testing complex network and telecommunications applications and protocols.
- Excellent problem solving, analytical, and technical troubleshooting skills.
- Strong team-orientated, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Experience with Agile Software Development Methods required.