Software Quality Engineers at Synacor are partners in project delivery and are responsible for performing various analysis activities on multiple concurrent projects and participates in the entire Project Life Cycle (Requirements, Design, Development, Testing, Release, and Maintenance). These Quality Analysts are responsible for ensuring strong communication and knowledge transfer between teams, becoming a subject matter expert, ensuring PM, development and test artifacts are produced to ensure higher levels of quality. They also oversee the testing and issue resolution for the concurrent projects they are assigned. The Quality Analyst also makes substantive contributions to overall quality by influencing practices and aligning to the organizational best practices related to quality assurance.
We are seeking a Senior Software Quality Engineer to serve as a liaison between the engineering teams, product teams, and the offshore quality assurance team. You will search for, investigate and report defects and drive overall delivery quality. You will utilize your skills to drive mobile test planning, develop the mobile test environment, create test automation, execute functional tests, and deliver in-depth defect report analysis and problem isolation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Planning, designing, developing, and executing tests that assure product functions and performance/reliability expectations for the Synacor ShareMyTV product.
• Utilize formal test and software quality assurance (SQA) methodologies to ensure tests cover function, regression, performance, error handling and stress capacity qualifications
• Analyzing and reporting significant bugs and tracking all bugs and project issues
• Coordinating system testing with other system test team members, internal users, test partners, and external customers.
• Work with the development team to ensure tests are effective and efficient, while evaluating the test needs to determine highest priority and benefit.
• Set up experimental networks, including configuration of servers and software on host operating systems to run simulations and testing
• Developing tools to improve the quality and productivity coverage and completeness of tests. Ensure test servers are built are operationally ready for testing
• Create complex test plans that cover more than basic functional testing (i.e. performance, interoperability, usability, customer simulation, etc.)
• Be actively involved in all phases of the agile scrum team reviewing requirements, architectures, code, etc.
• Either identify automation test tools to create or actually create them
• Identify procedures and/or tools that will improve SQA effectiveness
What you’ll need to bring to the table:
• 5-10 years software quality experience
• Experience with defining system test plans that reflect customer environments
• Systems/software experience with complex development cycles that span multiple release versions
• Programming skills in at least one of the following languages: .Net, C++, Java, Perl or PHP. PHP being preferable.
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science or equivalent experience is required.
• Ability to generate extensive, detailed, and professional project-related documentation quickly and on a regular basis.
• Experience in testing cloud-based services that use databases and networking in a complex, multiple system environment is a plus.
• Understand internal operations of complex software systems
• Experience with bug tracking tools (JIRA a plus)
What we’ll bring to the table:
• Company paid benefits (health, dental, vision) for all employees and eligible dependents
• Competitive compensation package, including stock option grants (for eligible positions)
• Award winning company culture
• Casual dress and flexible environment
• Generous paid time off
• Extensive learning and training opportunities: internal training sessions, innovation fests, and much more
• Monthly company connections (get to know your co-workers)
• The opportunity to make a difference!
Synacor - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Synacor is not your typical 9 to 5 workplace. Our award winning culture doesn’t stop at flexible work hours and 25 cent vending...