This position will require relocation to Brookfield, WI
Enterprise Test Management BIO (Business Information Office) Lead Role - Manage up to 120 full time and contract employees. Candidate must have experience managing a team of at least 90 people ( FTE's + Contractors) Creatively drive change across the test organization to industry best practices and standards..
An integral member of the Business Information Office (BIO) aligned senior leadership team, providing strategic leadership in delivery of all BIO initiatives. Under leadership of the ETM Lead role, responsible to re-engineer testing to industry best practices including risk based testing, Agile development, and increased automation. Responsible for development and implementation of testing strategy for one large (Consumer, Shared, Corporate) or two smaller BIOs. Partners with IT Development and Business line (up to one down from Vice Chair) to balance risk, cost, schedule and quality trade offs to determine overall testing strategies and approach. Accountable to drive team productivity by benchmarking against industry best practices, tools, vendor options, etc while maintaining high production quality.
Develops staffing and automation strategies which will allow us to drive down cost and be flexible in our staffing model while maintaining or increasing production quality
- Responsible for testing management, planning and execution - including strategy, estimation, planning, budgeting and execution oversight.
- Partners closely with development team and business lines in the development of plans, schedules, estimates and corrective measures as needed
- Develops and oversees testing lifecycle deliverable tracking and reporting - including defect metrics, cost, quality, productivity and overall progress
- Owns testing assets - ensures structured organization and management of documentation and artifacts to support reuse, knowledge management and compliance to standard processes
- Advocates for testing processes with development, business line and other partners
- Evaluates recommends and implements tool strategies, such as automation of test execution and test data management
- Provides overall staff, process, technical and financial direction, and develop controls, budgets and measurements to monitor progress.
- Participates in annual and strategic system planning
- Partners with business leaders, IT senior management, and peer-level managers to assess the technological cost and impact of recommended changes, help clarify priorities, and coordinate cross-organizational consortia where common needs have been identified
- Builds offshore development strategy to proactively meet limits in staff augmentation capability
- Creates a supportive team-oriented work climate that enables team members to develop professionally, values diversity, promotes teamwork and collaboration, and emphasizes quality, customer satisfaction, creativity, and cost effectiveness
Key Evaluation Points:
- Broad SDLC Lifecycle experience, including large project delivery with a global delivery model
- Proven ability to develop a strong team, including backups
- Executive level communication, negotiation, partnership and influencing skills
- Bachelors Degree required, MBA preferred
- 15 + years experience in Information Technology with at least 7 years in senior management
- Large company background
- Experience leading large teams (100+)
- Financial Services background is a plus
- Experience leading Software Testing Organizations a plus
- Leadership with large technical organizations
- Ability to drive change across large organizations
- Results and achievement driven
- Ability to balance risk and bias for action
- Team management and influence of large groups
- Ability to establish immediate credibility within a large, complex organization
- Ability to empower staff and delegate well
ZipRecruiter - 17 months ago