Title Senior Software Test Engineer Job # 15283BR Job Function Engineering City Marina del Rey State California Country FT/PT Full Time Qty 1 Job Description Rockwell Collins ARINC Surface Transportation Systems in Marina del Rey is seeking a Senior Test Engineer. In this role you will analyze specifications and user stories as well as collaborate with project managers, engineering managers and other team members to determine project requirements and plan and execute activities.
The System and Software Tester will be responsible for integration and acceptance testing of Train Control Applications including Centralized Traffic Control (CTC), individual train control functions, trains routing, train tracking and display, and train and crew data; and Passenger Information and Display Systems (PIDS).
Duties will include, but are not limited to:
At Rockwell Collins ARINC, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins ARINC as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins ARINC and help shape our future while creating yours. Qualifications Required Experience:
- Developing and maintaining test documentation including plans, procedures and reports.
- Maintaining requirements traceability through all levels of testing.
- Executing manual and automated tests.
- Identifying and documenting defects and questionable functions.
- Managing and coordinating resolution of defects through to closure.
- Leading small teams of software testers.
- Participating in team meetings and activities.
- Participating in peer reviews of software documentation.
- 5 or more years of experience in formal test cycle (planning, documentation, execution, analysis and reporting).
- Experience testing client-server applications.
- Experience in an ISO-9001/ CMMI environment.
- Experience with the software engineering process.
- Experience with configuration management and associated tools.
- Experience in adhering to IEEE software quality assurance and test standards.
- Understanding of formal software engineering life cycle and process.
- Ability to contribute to Configuration Control Board and engineering milestone reviews.
- Ability to test software following good quality principles.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and quickly adapt to schedule demands.
- Ability to plan and communicate effectively.
Education and Certification Required:
- Experience in Agile process; testing real-time systems; testing in virtual environments; automated test tools; requirements management tools; train control applications including positive train control.
- Experience in testing SCADA systems; testing in virtual environments; automated test tools; requirements management tools; train control applications including Positive Train Control.
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a technical area (Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Information Systems, etc.) or equivalent work experience.
- Master’s degree is preferred. Amount of Travel Required for Position 0 - 25 EOE Statement Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
ARINC - 9 months ago